Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connected but no internet on all browsers

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 mamerala

mamerala

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:03 PM

following this for beginning of the issue: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608169/getting-directed-to-ad-sites-while-browsing/

i receive  dns_probe_finished_nxdomain, all browsers do not work 

i tried different cmd commands, changing sittings...etc nothing working so as i've been told on other post i used minitoolbox here's log file 

i use modem cable on PC and wireless working fine on other devices 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:12 AM

Hi,

Can you tell if you have set custom DNS servers / VPN / Proxy for your computer?

It looks like it is the case.

Also, please tell if you can recognize the IP : 46.105.95.4

Ref: https://www.abuseipdb.com/report-history/46.105.95.4

Please rerun Mini Toolbox, selecting the 'Select all' check box and post back the result.

I noticed the below note from your previous helper:

p.s.
You choose to keep the PCSpeedUp program.
Read about it and decide if you wish to keep it.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-pc-speed-up

Do you still use it?

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 22 March 2016 - 01:13 AM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

Hi,

Can you tell if you have set custom DNS servers / VPN / Proxy for your computer?

It looks like it is the case.

Also, please tell if you can recognize the IP : 46.105.95.4

Ref: https://www.abuseipdb.com/report-history/46.105.95.4

Please rerun Mini Toolbox, selecting the 'Select all' check box and post back the result.

I noticed the below note from your previous helper:

p.s.
You choose to keep the PCSpeedUp program.
Read about it and decide if you wish to keep it.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-pc-speed-up

Do you still use it?

i dont think i've set custom DNS, VPN or proxy after checking, but im not sure to be honest 

46.105.95.4 i only see this IP in the directing ad site i've issue from it comes like this bc.vc/29660/46.105.95.4 

no i uninstalled it, but i think some files needs to be deleted manually 

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB2.txt   27.41KB   9 downloads

Edited by mamerala, 22 March 2016 - 08:40 AM.

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:25 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the log and prompt answers.

I have detected some programs which may be un-installed, which have more better alternatives.
Please go through the following list and uninstall (from control panel),  all you think is not the ones you have not installed:

Driver Booster
DriverAgent
Opera 12.15

Now, please do the following:

• Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.
  • Right-click the connection Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:, and then click Properties. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  • Click the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click either Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click Properties.

25e7e385-9327-4f7d-aab0-afa5aaf952ba_49.The Network Connection Properties dialog box
  • To specify IPv4 IP address settings, do one of the following:
    • To get IP settings automatically using DHCP, click Obtain an IP address automatically, and then click OK.
  • To specify IPv6 IP address settings, do one of the following:
    • To get IP settings automatically using DHCP, click Obtain an IPv6 address automatically, and then click OK.
  1. To specify DNS server address settings, do one of the following:

To get a DNS server address automatically using DHCP, click Obtain DNS server address automatically, and then click OK.

• f598cd96-6bf9-47be-942d-7d0b0afdbd88_47.

Please rerun MTB after doing all the above and post back the results.

Your C:\ is almost full.
Since all your drives are more than 95 % full, I suggest you to upgrade the hard disk.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 22 March 2016 - 09:26 AM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:58 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the log and prompt answers.

I have detected some programs which may be un-installed, which have more better alternatives.
Please go through the following list and uninstall (from control panel),  all you think is not the ones you have not installed:

Driver Booster
DriverAgent
Opera 12.15

Now, please do the following:

• Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.
  • Right-click the connection Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:, and then click Properties. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  • Click the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click either Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click Properties.

25e7e385-9327-4f7d-aab0-afa5aaf952ba_49.The Network Connection Properties dialog box
  • To specify IPv4 IP address settings, do one of the following:
    • To get IP settings automatically using DHCP, click Obtain an IP address automatically, and then click OK.
  • To specify IPv6 IP address settings, do one of the following:
    • To get IP settings automatically using DHCP, click Obtain an IPv6 address automatically, and then click OK.
  1. To specify DNS server address settings, do one of the following:

To get a DNS server address automatically using DHCP, click Obtain DNS server address automatically, and then click OK.

Please rerun MTB after doing all the above and post back the results.

Your C:\ is almost full.
Since all your drives are more than 95 % full, I suggest you to upgrade the hard disk.

i uninstalled these, but i need Opera some of the browsing i do require opening multiple accounts on same site so i use around 3 browsers

i've sittings already like this

ok i will try

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB3.txt   27.15KB   8 downloads

Edited by mamerala, 22 March 2016 - 12:01 PM.

#6 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:11 PM

You shouldn't be using google dns, which is located in California USA, when you live in France.

46.105.95.4 which is listed as primary dns server is a invalid dns entry

nslookup yahoo.com 46.105.95.4
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  46.105.95.4

*** UnKnown can't find yahoo.com: Query refused

Here are a couple of France based dns servers.  Use these for your dns

https://www.whatsmydns.net/dns/france/free.html

#7 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:38 PM

You shouldn't be using google dns, which is located in California USA, when you live in France.

46.105.95.4 which is listed as primary dns server is a invalid dns entry

nslookup yahoo.com 46.105.95.4
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  46.105.95.4

*** UnKnown can't find yahoo.com: Query refused

Here are a couple of France based dns servers.  Use these for your dns

https://www.whatsmydns.net/dns/france/free.html

i live in Egypt so i dont understand why i get that AD site/proxy result? i dont know much to be honest about these things im trying to follow steps to return my net as possible and hardly get basics of these 

#8 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:49 PM

Are you using a French based vpn service?

Is this your router or a community/work router?

Can you logon to the router?

Problem appears to be with the router configuration.  Its dhcp server is giving out wrong dns entries.

Here is a list of Egyptian dns servers

http://www.bestdns.org/for/eg/

Ideally you would logon to the router and correct the dhcp settings so it gives out the correct dns server.

#9 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:58 PM

Hi,

Also, please tell us the modem / router make and model if possible...

#10 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

i will try to check

its my router

model Huawei hg532n

Edited by mamerala, 22 March 2016 - 01:54 PM.

#11 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

Let us know how it looks like, after setting up correct dns servers on modem / router Huawei.

Can you please post a minitool box log checking only "List IP Configuration" after doing so?

#12 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

Let us know how it looks like, after setting up correct dns servers on modem / router Huawei.

Can you please post a minitool box log checking only "List IP Configuration" after doing so?

i reset whole router. before i do i did notice that at DHCP primary DNS server address was set: 46.105.95.4

and secondary: 8.8.4.4

now both empty after reset 

and minitoolbox scan after that  

now i receive different error when i try to check sites

wireless working fine till now on other device just PC still having issues and its the one connected directly with router 

Attached Files

Edited by mamerala, 25 March 2016 - 11:33 AM.

#13 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

Hi,

Thank you for the logs again. The attacker could somehow access you router settings (but I could not find a public disclosure of any vulnerabilty on the router model)

May be now the DNS option chosen is 'User defined' but no values are entered.

You can solve it in 2 ways:

• Add 2 DNS entries you like from the list http://www.bestdns.org/for/eg/ or add google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) to your modem
  • Add 2 DNS entries you choose to the network adapter Intel® 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection
    • To specify DNS server address settings, do one of the following:

To specify  DNS server addresses , click Use the following DNS server addresses, and then enter the addresses.

• Click 'Ok'

Let us know the end result.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 25 March 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#14 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:14 PM

Also, please tell us the output of:

1. Press 'Start' button on keyboard (flag/windows icon) and ;R; simultaneously and enter 'CMD'. Then press 'Enter / Return' key.
  2. Copy and paste or type the following commands and press 'Enter / Return' key:
  3. nslookup google.com
    tracert google.com

4. Post back the output.

#15 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:44 PM

Also, please tell us the output of:

1. Press 'Start' button on keyboard (flag/windows icon) and ;R; simultaneously and enter 'CMD'. Then press 'Enter / Return' key.
  2. Copy and paste or type the following commands and press 'Enter / Return' key:
  3. nslookup google.com
    tracert google.com

4. Post back the output.

not working

and cmd results:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users