Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

144hz Monitor with Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wwong92

wwong92

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to solve a problem regarding my monitor's refresh rate. I recently bought the Acer GN246HL in order to get 144hz instead of the 60hz I have been getting on my MSI gaming laptop which runs a GeForce GTX 660M. I've been told that I need to use DVI-D rather than HDMI to achieve 144hz, however my laptop only has VGA and HDMI ports. Would I be able to get 144hz if I were to use a connection such as...

[Monitor]----[DVI-D Cable]---[DVI-HDMI Adapter]---[HDMI Cable]---[Laptop] ?

Would there be any better options to workaround this problem? And is there anything else that I need to check in order to make sure nothing else is limiting me from 144hz?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:29 PM

FWIW, my granddaughter said that the only way she was able to finally get her new 144MHz monitor running at 144MHz was to use the included dual link DVI cable to connect it to a Desktop PC and change the HZ setting in Nvidia's control panel. She said she never could get it working at 144MHz when connected to her laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users