Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing security cameras

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 upanddown

upanddown

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hello everyone,

I am going to install two security cameras in my company warehouse,

the problem is that the warehouse is far from the network router, so it's not gonna be possible to attach the cameras into the network, since I don't think their wireless signal is that strong.

My questions is - is it possible to have remote online live view from the cameras in case such as they are not gonna be attached to the internet, or in this situation there is no chance for the cameras to make the connection with the remote server?

Also can you recommend me which models I should look for - I am able to spend around $40 per camera and one of them should be for internal use, and the second one is for outside condition.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:08 PM

You will need to add some form of internet to access them either from a mobile device or from the web. Their no way around it. I would suggest maybe adding another wifi AP somewhere between the cameras you are placing and the wifi router so that you can increase the wifi into that area.

The DLINK cameras might work for you if you don't need to record/dvr the cameras.

Something like these maybe: http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DCS-932L-Night-Wi-Fi-Camera/dp/B004P8K24W/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1458590800&sr=8-14&keywords=surveillance+cameras

You will still need to hook it up to a WIFI or WIRED network but you can set it up easily and access it from a web browser. I had a client using a similar model for his garage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users