Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning Dvd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ganna

ganna

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:34 AM

Hi all,

First of all I hope I'm posting in the right forum!! Anyway, I am the using Nero StartSmart 'Burn DVD-Video Files' to try and create a DVD that will play in a DVD player from a .avi file. The problem is that when I drag the file I want to burn in the appropriate section the 'burn' option is not highlighted. I then tried the 'Make Video CD' option; in this case the file is then too large for the blank DVD disc.

Could it be i need to convert the .avi file to a different one?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.
It's great being an anorak

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:10 AM

Sorry I don't have any specifics for you, but I found these 4 articles that discuss .avi to DVD using Nero.
There might be some information in there that you can use.

Sefy's DVD Backup Guide v2.6
How to convert an NTSC (23.976 fps) XviD file to a PAL DVD
How to create Anime DVD's from MKV, OGM, and AVI files
How to convert DivX to DVDR using DVD2SVCD

If none of these help, try searching the site I got the links from, videohelp.com, as there's a load of information on CD/DVD burning and conversions.
This is a great resource site for anything video related.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ganna

ganna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:47 AM

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply - with your help I managed to find out what I had to do! I found out on videohelp.com that if i updated my Nero package then I most likely would be able to burn the DVD I wanted and it worked!

Thanks alot. :thumbsup:
It's great being an anorak

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:29 AM

You're welcome, ganna.
Glad you were able to find the information you needed.
Thanks for posting back with the fix. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users