Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

remove Stock Backplate cooler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Arniix

Arniix

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

HI i wanted to change my CPU cooler with a Hyper 212 or a CM TX3

as i saw Hyper 212 requires a backplate & TX3 is a push pin / clip pin

but on my Motherboard Right now i have a stock cooler with screws  (not the intel push pin ones )

i searched the internet & found that i have a pre-installed backplate sometimes with screws or glue 

is it possible to remove it to replace it with the new cooler 

i can't open my PC case from 2 sides so i have to pull off the Motherboard to see behind the Cpu soket 

im not a pro in PC mounting i came here to ask about what you think ?

my Socket is LGA1156 

CPU : Xeon X3450 2.66ghz 

& my whole PC is a lenovo E20 (GTX 750 ti + 430W pSU) upgrades ....

Thanks for the help & sorry for my bad english im moroccan :3

the picture shows my actual Cooler

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:01 AM

You should be able to unscrew the stock backplate from the motherboard, and if there's any glue you should in theory still be able to pry it off if your careful. However, what you should look for is the back of the case itself the backplate for many aftermarket coolers are slightly larger then the stock one, and require more room behind the motherboard. Many aftermarket cases provide space for this, while many oem (cases that come with store bought computers) don't.

If it's glued ID be extremely careful pulling it off, and maybe there's a trick to it. I'm not a Intel guy, so maybe wait and see if someone else who does a lot of Intel work will know how to get it off the glue.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

Use your screwdriver to push down and turn those screws until they come out.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 Arniix

Arniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:53 AM

i can see that my mother board is lifted 0.5 CM away from the back0 of the case 

i do have a 95W TDP Cpu under load reaches 60C is that normal & worth upgrading?

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:49 PM

60C is normal. 0-90C is a good range. Is 60C idle or load?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 Arniix

Arniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:29 PM

60 is Load but CPU  fan 85% ''rendring" or playong BF4 Low sttings 720p 150 fps 60C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users