Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ransomware detected by Malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adka

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:40 PM

In the last few days I received 2 notifications that there is some ransomware on my computer. I deleted it and today there was another message - "Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware has removed a ransomware threat. Your computer must be restarted to successfully complete the process". Location: C:\Users\Ada\AppData\Local\Temp\~nsu.tmp\Au_.exe. May I still be infected? Or am I not fully protected? I'm a complete amateur when it comes to computers, so please let me know what can I do, so I don't receive those notifications any more. My system is Windows 7. Thank you!

Mod edit, moved to General Security ~~ boopme

Edited by boopme, 20 March 2016 - 10:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:14 AM

Hello Adka and :welcome:
Please carefully read the locked and pinned topic in the following Malwarebytes' sub-forum, How to report a False Positive.

Then, start your own topic in the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta sub-forum, and after briefly describing your system's issue, please attach the requested archives from above.

You will be assisted soon. Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users