Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power turned off for a few seconds, PC only shows black screen when it turns on.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kingcoyotte

kingcoyotte

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

I very recently had a 1-2 second power outage when i was rendering a video, and my old desktop Gateway turned off. I powered it back on and it showed the boot screen, but afterwards it just showed black (It was on). I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and changing power outlets, no luck. Any help would be highly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:58 AM

What sounds do you hear?? Can you observe the fan in the power supply??  Dose it turn, spin?  Maybe it just moves a bit and stops when power is applied.  The power supply is the first diagnostic point.  If no sound or motion, the power supply has faulted and not uncommon after an interruption event.

#3 kingcoyotte

kingcoyotte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:04 PM

What sounds do you hear?? Can you observe the fan in the power supply??  Dose it turn, spin?  Maybe it just moves a bit and stops when power is applied.  The power supply is the first diagnostic point.  If no sound or motion, the power supply has faulted and not uncommon after an interruption event that

Thank you for your reply, but i believe that i have fixed it myself just after you replied, i just unplugged some USB devices and unplugged it once more, and it ran without the screen showing black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users