Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone use gmail,and not like tiny compose box?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 guit30

guit30

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:46 AM

I had used gmail for years and loved it, still do. However, I hate the new tiny compose, reply box. When it first came out a couple of years ago, I found a way to go back to old full page compose version. This week, my computer updated to explorer 11 and it has reverted to the small compose box. Anyone have a trick to beat this, or know anyway I can go back to explorer 9, that is system that I had beat the small compose box.

Thanks,

Jim

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 March 2016 - 11:42 AM.
moved from Windows 7

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:21 AM

Hi,

there is an icon, for me it's the middle one in the top right, that allows you to enlarge the window. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate.

[attachment=178196:large..png]

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 guit30

guit30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:09 AM

Thanks, that makes the compose a little bigger, but it used to be the same size as the message for example. Did you have gmail before they made this change? Thanks

Jim

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

You can set full-screen as your default using the More menu next to Discard.

Click Compose.

On the bottom right of the compose box, click the arrow to the right of the trash can.

Select Default to full screen.

This will only increase it to the same size as it does when you use the option shown by Myrti. However, this will automatically open the bigger compose box.

Another alternative, use an email client such as Thunderbird. Configure it to work with gmail servers. Click the Thunderbird icon on your desktop, it opens, no going to gmail on the web, better user interface.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 March 2016 - 11:40 AM.

#5 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

You could use gmail's most basic view, try opening gmail in a browser with javascript disabled, choose the option to use the basic view which doesn't need javascript. Then when you go to your gmail account with other browsers, with javascript enabled or not, gmail should always load up the basic old style view. It's not as pretty as some of the modern interfaces but if it's what you want then this method should help you get it.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#6 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:24 AM

You can always use client e-mail with Gmail.  That includes Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Office Outlook, and others.  If you don't like the online, try one of these.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users