Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Word 2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Barnack

Barnack

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:00 PM

Hello guys.

Since i love the old customizable bars system i'm still using office 2003 (come on, it was pretty useful to set it as you prefear, why did they just remove it? anyway...) i've installed that old office in my Windows 10

It gives me the exact same problem that it gave already with Windwos 7:

All programs but Word works fine! Excel, Access, FrontPage, etcc etcc.

Lets go now with the problem: Word.

Word opens regularly everytime, and i can use it properly without bugs till no more than half page is written. Then if i write more it suddenly stops working, saves a backup file, sends a "stopped working" message then closes itself. When opening files that are already big it doesn't give error untill i move the cursor (not the mouse one, i mean the "|" symbol) from the original position. That means i can scroll the bar and read, but i can't modify in any way the text without Word stop working.

I've tryed the most suggested solution, disabled smart tag and unchecked "check for errors while writing". But it basically solved nothing.

Compatibility mode again solves nothing (do you know about any program which benefits from compatibility mode anyway? lol)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

Office 2003 isn't supported any more.  Office 2007 and later are supported and work.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 compostery

compostery

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

Another alternative you may have is to install open office or Libre office. If your happy with the features of office 2003 you will also be happy with the two free alternatives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users