I am trying to obtain information on a Ransomware infection that hit my computer. The malware came in an email attachment labeled Invoice_ID_0006802.zip. A large amount of documents on my computer have been "encrypted" and the extension .crypted added to the filename. A notepad text file DECRYPT.txt was left put on my desktop containing this message below. (I added the italics). I can't find much information online about this malware and would appreciate any help or advice.
All your documents, photos, databases and other important personal files
were encrypted using strong RSA-1024 algorithm with a unique key.
To restore your files you have to pay 0.31324 BTC (bitcoins).
Please follow this manual:
1. Create Bitcoin wallet here:
2. Buy 0.31324 BTC with cash, using search here:
3. Send 0.31324 BTC to this Bitcoin address:
4. Open one of the following links in your browser to download decryptor:
5. Run decryptor to restore your files.
- If you do not pay in 3 days YOU LOOSE ALL YOUR FILES.
- Nobody can help you except us.
- It`s useless to reinstall Windows, update antivirus software, etc.
- Your files can be decrypted only after you make payment.
- You can find this manual on your desktop (DECRYPT.txt).