Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Extremaly slow aspire m, without reason

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 panbanan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:57 AM

My problem with laptop acer aspire M is kinda weird. I took the comp from my gf (idk how many days she didnt shutdown it, even weeks or months) and i shutdownit then a few hours later i lunched it and computer started to work slowly. But its unreal slow, its hard to open any file, even cmd but sometimes its like he wake up and starting work normally. I tried everything what i know. I cant just format and install windows 7 again cos theres no partition recovery and i don't have recovery disks, also theres a lot of important data.

What i already discovered:
- explorer.exe randomly stopping work
- most ussage is dwm.exe ( i shutdown it and still problem)
- sometimes theres icon with information "intel rst stopped working" and computer then working normally. Rst is Intel Rapid Storage Technology, i tried to shutdown it in mscofing on start but theres still problem.
- temperature of ram and processor are ok (max 5-30%).
- if comp working normally (1-2mins) and i open anything like chrome+youtube its like something start work in background and slow him, if i watch hd video then every few seconds my mouse frozen for a 0,5sek or something and i hear that the music in speakers crash.

What i already done:
-scanned by avira
-scanned by malwarebytes
-scanned by hijackthis (adding logs)
-scanned by securitycheck (adding logs)
-scanned by adwclear
-used ccleaner
-scanned by hdtune (adding photos cos i cant make printscrean on deadcomp)
-tryied to find anything in autorunsc microsoft tool that i downloaded but shiet

Please find any way to help me bros!

Mod Edit:  Removed HJT log, not allowed/used in this forum - Hamluis.

Attached Files

• Attached File  2.jpg   254.42KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   272.93KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   246.98KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  checkup.txt   866bytes   1 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 19 March 2016 - 06:30 PM.
Move from BSOD, crashes etc to Win 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,084 posts
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

One reason for a slow computer is a dying hard drive.  As the drive is having errors, the system must re-read and re-read the files it's looking for enough times to ensure that it has a good copy.
With errors creeping in, this requires multiple reads from disk until it's satisfied that it has an error free copy.

Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Start with the hard drive tests, as that's the most likely problem that I can see.

Post back with the results and we'll move on from there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 hamluis

• 55,000 posts
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  
When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.
Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.
The following screen will appear, click on Yes.
The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.
In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

#4 RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,446 posts
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

Along with the great ideas from earlier posters, Auslogics Disk Defrag contains a very good SMART "looksee" function.  Don't worry about defragging, simply see what ADD reports about your hard-drive's condition via its SMART.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users