Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant boot .

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Edmar1111

Edmar1111

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:15 AM

My laptop asus, cant start. It always says automatic repair then i will be channelled to page were there is continue to windows 8, advanced option. If i choose continue to windows 8 it will load but will end up at a black screen . so u tried using advance option. I tried to use system restore. Theni restore to aparticular restore point but it says that system restore has not finished. Youre disk c has been corrupted. Try another restore point . it says but . i dont have any restore point. Ehat do i do ? Thatnk you for responding.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

Boot from a repair disc or install disc and do a repair.  That can sometimes work when the boot repair doesn't.  If that doesn't work, save your data and restore to factory settings.  Once you get it working you need to scan that hard drive to find and fix bad sectors.  If you don't have a disc to do the repair, you can make one by going to the Backup and Restore applet of the Control Panel and clicking where it says Create a system repair disc.  

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

Boot from a repair disc or install disc and do a repair.  That can sometimes work when the boot repair doesn't.  If that doesn't work, save your data and restore to factory settings.  Once you get it working you need to scan that hard drive to find and fix bad sectors.  If you don't have a disc to do the repair, you can make one by going to the Backup and Restore applet of the Control Panel and clicking where it says Create a system repair disc.  

Good luck.

The op has posted that they can't boot into Windows.  This means that what you are suggesting is not possible.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:53 AM

Edmar1111

Can you open any of the charms, specifically the Settings Charm?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

Good luck.

The op has posted that they can't boot into Windows.  This means that what you are suggesting is not possible.

You don't need to boot Windows to boot from a repair disc or install disc.  They can create the disc on any Windows 8 system as long as it's 32 or 64 bit that matches what they have.  I guess I could've pointed out that if they can't boot THEIR PC, they'd have to do it on another PC, assuming they don't already have one.

Edited by Niweg, 20 March 2016 - 10:13 AM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:42 AM

I should have been more specific.  Since they cannot boot into Windows they will not be able to open the Control Panel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users