Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Idiot on Board

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ehlien

Ehlien

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:42 PM

Hi ..since I am pretty much a computer idiot with minimal skills and the ability to lock up any computer with one keystroke I'm glad to be here! I was prompted to join by the constant messages that my computer is at risk so let us analyze it for  fee, clean up the operating system and remove malware to remove threats and run faster. The last time they scared me enough to let them clean it up so  I decided it was time to get a little more educated on all that.  Glad to be here

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Octogenarian88

Octogenarian88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:14 PM

Thank You for writing my introduction for me(I am copy-catting!)Ae 88,some Physical Handicaps-low vision,for one).Retired,Limited Income(what else!! )can't afford a Tecchie every other day,and don't have anyone to call on.Where is this place that performed Rehabilitation on your PC?I need them  badly!I probably won't be on line every day because my Wife is poorly,and I am the Housekeeper.Nice talking to you-Stay Well.

#3 Ehlien

Ehlien
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:47 PM

Being a rookie not sure I should be making any recommendations. I just had a reply that those guys might not be approved by better business so that might be a concern. I would post a request for recommendations for what you want to achieve on the forums to get some more professional and experienced advise. best of luck!

#4 UKHInside

UKHInside

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

Welcome to both of you -- I'm new here, too. The people here are quite friendly and exceptionally helpful. Ehlien's suggestion is accurate; if you visit the Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software sub-forum, you will find useful threads stickied at the top. Nevertheless, if you can explain what the problems you are experiencing are (as they might go beyond just infections), I'm sure someone will be apt to assist you.

#5 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:21 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer Forums!

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#6 Octogenarian88

Octogenarian88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:52 AM

Thanks to all for the advice.Need a seeing eye dog+a translator for Technical terms.OR a sitemap,I guess.Will try to muddle through.

#7 Ehlien

Ehlien
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:24 AM

Good to be here..helping already!

#8 Raxx425

Raxx425

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:45 AM

Hi there, I'm new to the forums as well. Usually when I get a virus I just back up my important data and do a factory reset on my PC and that will fix the problem every time without the use of expensive software. Oh and welcome to the forums by the way!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users