Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot visit google in IE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 octo1212

octo1212

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

this started with not being able to access Google Drive...i'm using Windows 8.1 and somehow Internet Explorer 11 won't load google.com, yahoo.com, and a few other sites...Google Chrome works just fine on all sites...but Google Drive, in order to sign in, attempts to pull up a sign in with a small IE browser windows...so i can't login to it...it says "the page cannot be displayed"... i've run all the usual suspects (Malwarebytes, ADWcleaner, ccleaner, hitman pro, tdsskiller, etc.) for malware/virus removal and what little it finds, i have removed...but still it won't load google in IE... i also notice that windows update won't update...i've installed the same 83 updates 4 times... any suggestions on how to proceed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:33 PM

Sometimes when you remove viruses there can be problems left behind that can't be repaired.  You can try using SFC to search for and attempt repair any corrupt system files and see if it helps.  To do that start an administrator command prompt and issue this command: sfc /scannow .  It can run 15 - 20 minutes.  However it would be very prudent for you to make backups of anything you don't want to lose.  You could also try installing and using Firefox.  If you're still having problems, it might be time to restore to factory settings and reinstall your application programs.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users