Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resolving host and Establishing secure connection messages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rawfa

rawfa

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:44 AM

Hi guys,

This is an issue that has been plaguing me for years and I'm yet to solve it. I have an Asus G75V and I use a Netgear Wireless-N Dual band for wireless connections. Since I've first gotten this computer I've always had networking issues (I've migrated from win 7 to win 8 and now win 10). Lately when I try to navigate I get "Resolving host" or "Establishing secure connection" messages. I've tried different browsers, I've tried releasing and renewing the ip, I've trying flushing the dns, I've tried using google's dns, I've update windows...but nothing seems to fix this. I can be navigating for hours and all of the sudden I start getting theses messages and I have to restart unplug the Netgear adapter and plug it back in to try to fix this (sometimes I even have to reboot the computer). And to make things even stranger, sometimes I cannot navigate but I can download stuff. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

Where are you changing the DNS, on the Router or on your machine?

#3 rawfa

rawfa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:22 PM

I've changed dns on the computer.
Another important piece of info is that while this happens on the computer I'm able to use the same wifi connection on my smartphone with no issues.
I've also tried stopping avast active web protection but the problem goes on.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:43 PM

What software are you using when you encounter this error?

#5 rawfa

rawfa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:46 PM

None. All I have running is chrome or ie.

#6 rawfa

rawfa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:03 PM

Just did this: 

netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset
reboot

I'll let you guys know if it worked.

#7 rawfa

rawfa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:52 AM

Now I've started getting ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, ERR_TIMED_OUT, ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE, ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED.

I've browsed around and disabled avast's active web protection. It worked for like 10 minutes and then it stopped working again 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users