Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 112/ Errors When Attempting to Uninstall Programs

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Syris22

Syris22

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:34 AM

I recently made a mistake trying to move files from one drive to another I believe the incorrect way and in result this has caused loss of files (videos,documents,etc); programs working incorrectly, and unable to uninstall programs. My solid state drive at the moment is full and when I try to uninstall programs I get an Error for each one. I am no sure what to do. I have tried to repair/scan my drives, but this just made things worse. Here are some screen shots of the problems I am coming across. 

Attached File  Attempt at Uninstalling Microsoft Office.png   243.13KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Atempt at Uninstalling WonderShare Data Recovery.png   237.31KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Drive Space.png   420.71KB   0 downloads

Attached File  OBS.png   414.12KB   0 downloads

Attached File  File Directory for Hard drive.png   484.13KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Same File Directory as Hard drive for Pictures.png   295.46KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:48 AM

The issue here is your full C: drive. Even though you install/uninstall programs on another drive, some files are still generated on the Windows drive. Start by the obvious, like deleting manually the content of the %temp% folder, and or/running TFC to clean a lot of temp files. From there, start uninstalling programs.

3DPGbxe.pngTemp File Cleaner (TFC)
  • Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC) and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on TFC.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Simply click on Start to launch the clean-up and wait until it completes;
    s5yB2E8.png
  • Depending on which processes are running, all your programs will be closed and explorer.exe (your Windows shell) will be killed, it will however be relaunched shortly after so do not panic;
  • There's no log to give for this tool;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Syris22

Syris22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:59 AM

First off, Thank you for responding to my post. I tried to download TFC and when doing so it stated my disk was full. Here is the image I get when trying to download TFC. 

Attached File  Disk Full when Downloading TFC.png   271.26KB   0 downloads

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:00 AM

Obviously you won't be able to download it if you don't have any space left on your drive. Try the Windows Disk Cleanup Tool first, it should get you started.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-7

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:04 AM

You should also use WinDirStat program it is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for various versions of Microsoft Windows. With WinDirStat you can view which files are taking more storage space.

2GvnEq2.gif

#6 Syris22

Syris22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:10 AM

Aura, 

I used the disk cleanup method and the temporary files seem to not be deleting. Here is an image of me deleting the temporary files using the disk cleanup tool.

Attached File  Screenshot (29).png   180.37KB   0 downloads

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:12 AM

Click on "Clean up system files" at the bottom. You'll have more options. Check everything in the list it gives you, and click on "Ok". It'll tell you how much stuff it deletes.

unite_blue.png

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

You should also delete system restore points from Disk Cleanup utility.

2GvnEq2.gif

#9 Syris22

Syris22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:14 AM

Hello Freebooter, Thanks for the the suggestion and replying to my post, however, I'm in a situation where I can't install or uninstall anything due to my drives being full, although it appears my hard drive is not full. 

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:17 AM

The problem here isn't whether or not your hard drive is full, it's whether or not your partitions are full. Right now, your Windows partition is at full capacity (100%) and if we don't address this, you won't be able do anything else.

unite_blue.png

#11 Syris22

Syris22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:18 AM

Aura, 

With this method of freeing up space will I have to download TFC?

#12 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:23 AM

Follow Aura instructions and from Disk  Cleanup utility delete all temporary files and system restore points from at More Option tab. Open Notepad and copy/paste below commands and save as Clear_Temp.bat file make sure file extension is bat not any other extensions. Execute the Clear_Temp.bat batch file as a administrator to empty temporary files.

:: This batch script created by FreeBooter.

@Echo Off & Cls

Call :IsAdmin

:: Clear Temp Folder.

Cd %TMP%

For /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('Dir /b %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp') do (

Echo Y | Rd /s /q "%%a" 2>NUL 1>NUL

If Exist "%%a" Echo Y | Del /a /f "%%a" 2>NUL 1>NUL

)

Goto :EOF

:IsAdmin

Reg query "HKU\S-1-5-19\Environment"

If Not %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 (

Cls & Mode CON  LINES=6 COLS=48 & Color 0C & Title - WARNING -

Echo.

Echo.

Echo  YOU MUST HAVE ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS TO CONTINUE

Echo 

Pause >Nul & Exit

)

Cls

Goto :EOF

Edited by FreeBooter, 18 March 2016 - 07:26 AM.

2GvnEq2.gif

#13 Syris22

Syris22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:26 AM

Aura,

Ok, so how do we go about reducing the capacity of my partitions? I don't mind uninstalling all my programs and reinstalling them I just want  to have my solid state drive to have a lot free space to perform at its max. Also, if you can see in the images I attached in the previous post, the files and name of where Pictures and Desktop are, are not names that and instead are named as  H:/ and contain the hard drive files in them. Not sure if that is what the big problem is. 

#14 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:28 AM

We are telling you how follow our instructions use Disk Cleanup, WindirStat and TFC programs to delete unneeded files.

Edited by FreeBooter, 18 March 2016 - 07:29 AM.

2GvnEq2.gif

#15 Syris22

Syris22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:41 AM

Aura and Freebooter,

I used the batch script and disk cleanup tool and now have freed up space in my solid state drive and hard drive. I am now able to uninstall and install programs. Thank you guys for the help. I have another issue that I wish for help in, which is the name and files within my hard drive are within my Download, Pictures, and Desktop section. I wanted to know how I can restore the name of these section and safely delete these files and shortcuts from these sections without losing the files from my hard drive. This happened to me before and I lost videos and pictures. 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users