Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Build Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jethax

jethax

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:32 AM

I am building a doomsday device (aka my new comp) but, i got everything installed right, but i forgot the jumpers for the mobo, so today I went back and did that, (before it wouldn't turn on right, now it does) But now, I put in my new SATA hdd, which I bought today, and the drivers install well enough, but when it came to putting on windows, it would corrupt files and destroy the setup. After trying and failing for a good 4 hours (8-12) my monitor can't pick up a signal, so now i have a big problem... all the jumpers are in the right positions, and all hardware is in.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:36 AM

Are all the components new? I am having the same problem and I believe it is the motherboard. Bad capasitors, a weak power supply, bad memory, could all be the reason for a corrupted installation.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jethax

jethax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

Everything on it is brand new from newegg, and now I got it working ,but it randomly reboots, so I think it may be my ram (gskill) which i guess is suppose to have problems with the ABIT mobo, so i used memtest86 and together all 4 sticks said 2 errors, but one-by-one had none, so I am using two now, and i suppose it works...

but now to another problem, my windows XP doesn't recognize my drivers on my plug-and-ply cd-rw and dvd-rw drives... and I can't make a boot disk becuase I can't use my burners, (I don't have a floppy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users