Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rescue disk to 81 from windows 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gearyray

Gearyray

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:57 PM

Had a computer shop erase 10 and put 8.1 back on. Now I have no restore partition. I tried to use AOMEI one key recovery but will not creaet the partition. is this from the reinstall? I seem at a loss why.??? any thoughts

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:02 AM

Get an external hard drive and good backup software and make full system backups.  I use Easeus Todo Backup Free which is free for home use.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:40 AM

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key at the same time.

In the menu that opens select Disk Management.

When the disk management opens take a screenshot of it and post it in your topic.

How to make a screenshot

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

attachment_zps9v6amtri.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:30 AM

"Had a computer shop erase 10 and put 8.1 back on. Now I have no restore partition."

--- Did you ask the computer shop why there isn't a restore partition like you had before?

If your computer was originally Windows 8 and you upgraded to Windows 8.1 I believe your original restore partition would have brought you back to Windows 8

--- If that is the case that is why the computer shop put 8.1 back on probably with their 8.1 software

--- I don't think it's worth pursuing creating the restore partition the way you'd like to if the above is true

--- Consider relying on system image backups as mentioned (And include backups for your personal data also)

--- I use Macrium Reflect on a monthly schedule, you mentioned AOMIE & Easeus Todo Backup Free has also been mentioned

--- If you are used to AOMIE go with what you know

With all of that said, I'll be very interested in Disk Management screenshot as requested

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users