So, I wanted to try out Windows 10 on my laptop a few months ago. 2 days later, I downgraded back to 8.1. Here's why:
- 8.1 Is actually my favorite version of Windows. I know, I probably have terrible taste. But, I like the full screen start. I like the little 'Live tiles' that tell you whenever you get a new email. I, despite all the hate surrounding it, LOVED 8.1. It was PERFECT for my needs. But Windows 10 changed too much for me. The way this is going I see 3 different types of people here.
- Windows 7 people
- Windows 8.1 people
- Windows 10 people
I'm not putting Windows 8 here since I think everyone prefers 8.1 with the Windows button over it.
- Anyway, I don't think they should be advertised as 3 different more and less advanced version of windows, but rather 3 different windows for different people. Classic start, metro start, and a mesh of the two.
Reasons I downgraded:
- Bugs: I had weird sprite glitches in the taskbar, and got my first ever BSOD that day.
- Privacy (I know it's in Vista and up now, but still.): (I know that you can use a few programs to remove all this, which I have used, but still.) I know you agree to all of it in the fine text, I know it's all legal because of the """""Patriot""""" act, but still. They shouldn't do this. It isn't right.
- Lack of personalization options: Huge ugly un-colorable white window bars. Yay.
- It just wasn't for me: I simply preferred windows 8.1. Liked the start menu better. But that's MY opinion, whereas the other three apply to everyone who uses the OS.
Anyway, how do you feel about Windows 10? Good? Bad? Haven't tried it yet? Tell me!
Edited by hamluis, 20 March 2016 - 03:59 PM.
Moved from Gen Chat to W10 Discussion - Hamluis.