A couple of weeks ago my PC (powered by a XFX XTR 650W + APC Smart UPS) was running smoothly, downloading various distros I wanted to "play" with, when a power failure occurred.
It was like half a second (very common here, lucky me!). I didn't worry, after all the UPS is keeping me safe, isn't it?
I didn't notice any particular issue in the next days, so I forgot the thing.
A few days ago I was downloading another bunch of files and I did notice one thing:
- every now and then I hear a short (1 sec.) buzz-like noise coming from inside the case
- it's not loud, but I can hear it
- sometimes it is more frequent (every 1 or 2 minutes), sometimes it is much less frequent
- each buzz is followed by an intensified HDD led activity (blinking) that lasts for a couple of seconds
- each buzz is followed by an increase in noise level (like HDD spins faster) that lasts for a couple of seconds too
- I am positive this buzz started after the power failure event
This buzz seems to be present only when I am dowloading large amount of data from Internet.
According to CrystalDiskInfo my drives are healthy.
Does any of you have idea of what the problem could be here?