Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD - Intermittent but Repeated

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been using Win10 on my machine (an HP 15-g035wm) since last fall and it has, with the exception of one "bad update" which Microsoft fixed quite promptly, been working flawlessly.

Since the upgrade to 10586.164 I have been getting the BSOD noted in the subject nightly to every other night (or daily to every other day).  The machine suddenly freezes up at random, stays that way for anywhere from three to ten minutes, then goes to BSOD.  I happened to be using the thing this afternoon when the BSOD occurred and saw the DPC code noted.

This can be caused by a number of possible issues.  It's been a while since I have had to dig into BSODs at all, and have forgotten what utilities I may need to run and how to interpret the output of same.

Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated.  If possible, and this is entirely optional, I would like to be educated about what you are looking for (and that I should be looking for in the future) in the output of any diagnostics you might request I run.  I like to be "taught to fish" rather than just be "given a fish" when that is possible.  Whether or not that can occur assistance in getting a resolution will be appreciated.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:34 PM

Each analyst has their own "quirks" but I'd be glad to spread some of mine around.

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis (blueelvis made this one)

EDIT:  I'm having problems with links here, please excuse the code box:

http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/

When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
(jcgriff2 made this one)

The first couple of steps are:
1)  Understanding the use of WinDbg or kd.exe  I use the scripts available from Sysnative.com to run multiple dumps at once.  And, since BSOD's are rarely due to Windows drivers (this presumes that the OS is fully updated), the scripts will weed out the Windows drivers from the reports.  IME over 90% of BSOD's are due to 3rd party (non-Microsoft) drivers.  But, more on this once we get the memory dumps to have a look at.

2)  I then read the systeminfo.txt file.  I look for the OS version and check it against the number of hotfixes (which isn't the same as the number of updates), I also check the BIOS (critical for W8 and later), and the amount of free RAM.  And the network devices (looking for USB wifi devices - as they are BSOD prone).

3) Then I check the MSINFO32 report.  I look for: USB wifi network adapters, # of hard drives (and PSU strength/age), how full the hard drives are, problem devices, Windows Error Reports (all sorts of things in here), startup items, and programs (looking for known problem items).

4)  While doing the above, the dumps are running.  Once done I first look at the stack text to see if I can see any patterns, then at a BSOD summary - the 97 text file (this shows all BSOD error codes and also the items blamed).  I then look at the dump file summary (the 98 text file) and double check the output for errors and the drivers for known problems/patterns.  Finally I check the template.txt file for the final analysys - and double check the entire log file.

The other reports are used as needed to see if we can clarify some of the things we see in those reports.

Also, we'll get an idea of what's going on, and then will decide if we thing we need hardware diagnostics.  Also, we may have clues calling for the use of Driver Verifier.  Sometimes it's a good idea to run Driver Verifier even if you suspect hardware.

My 2 references for BSOD analysis:

- The Driver Reference Table (DRT): 

This table is supposed to help users look up where a driver comes from - so they can find updates/replacements for it.  It's maintained by blueelvis, jcgriff2, and myself.

It also contains some extra info - to help analysts understand a bit more about why/how this driver is involved in these problems.

- The BSOD Index:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

This table is a listing of all BSOD error codes that I could find, and I've included troubleshooting info as I've found it.  I maintain it, but it's a huge page

I used to include Microsoft KB articles, but there's just too many of them and I'm updating the page manually.

A couple of significant points are:

- There are 2 causes of BSOD's - hardware and software.  If software, it's convenient to split it into Windows drivers and 3rd party drivers (see the next item).

- about 90% of BSOD's are due to 3rd party drivers; less than 10% are due to hardware; and less than 1% are due to Windows drivers (presuming that the system is fully updates)

- Nothing is 100% certain - hardware errors can seem as if they're caused by software, and software errors can mimic hardware problems

- ntoskrnl.exe is the kernel (core) of the OS.  If it was to blame, you'd see many more problems than just the occasional BSOD - as such, ntoskrnl.exe is not to blame, look for problems elsewhere.  Here's my canned speech about it: 

ntoskrnl.exe (also seen as ntkrnlpa.exe, ntkrnlmp.exe, or ntkrpamp.exe) is the kernel (core) of the Windows operating system.  It is protected by security features and the Windows System File Checker.  As such, if this file was to blame, you'd be experiencing many more problems other than the occasional BSOD.

In most cases this file is blamed because another file (typically a 3rd party driver) has corrupted the memory space that ntoskrnl.exe considers as it's own.  When this happens, ntoskrnl.exe typically finds unknown data (from the 3rd party driver) in it's memory space.  At this point the OS panics and throws a BSOD to prevent damage to the system.

More info here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntoskrnl.exe

Edited by usasma, 17 March 2016 - 05:37 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• Topic Starter

• 9,007 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

John,

Thanks.  I'm on the road right now (and this is no major crisis) but I'm spotty in checking responses compared to usual.  The ZIP file you requested from BSOD Inspector can be found here on my Google Drive.  It's larger than the upload limit for me at the moment on BC.

Brian

Edited by britechguy, 17 March 2016 - 07:06 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:12 AM

This'll take a while, so it may be several posts.....

Systeminfo.txt:

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F.42) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a recent update.
BIOS/UEFI updates are very important for W8/8.1/10 as the system communicates much more with it than it did in W7 and earlier.  Most times I don't worry about BIOS on W7 and earlier, but find that these updates are essential for W8 and later systems.  As such, I always advise checking/updating them.

I check these just to see if it's a fresh install or not.  It's a clue that might help later on.

Original Install Date:     11/14/2015, 10:02:32 AM
System Boot Time:          3/17/2016, 1:01:41 PM

I check available RAM, anything under 1gB gets these suggestions:

- add RAM if possible

- only use 1 program at a time (to conserve the current RAM)

- weed out excessive startup items

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.
Your system has 14 hotfixes, and that's more than most (I tend to see around 8 - but, obviously, this changes with time)

Also, I tend to use this caution:

"The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating."

I noted that you have a wifi adapter, and as this is an HP notebook, it's likely that it's a PCI/PCIe device.  But, just in case, I always check in the MSINFO32 report to verify that it's not USB.
Here's my canned speech for USB wifi devices (does not apply to you):

You have a <Model number here> wireless USB wifi device:

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later systems - using older drivers with them is almost certain to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have the latest W7/8/8.1/10 drivers - DO NOT use older drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

That's mostly it for the systeminfo.txt file

I'll continue with the MSINFO32 file this afternoon

FYI - the dumps seem to point to networking issues, with Networx being the most likely (the actual blame is placed on tdx.sys - a Windows driver)

But this seems more like a compatibility or a hardware issue, as hal.dll is in the stack text.

So, we may end up running Driver Verifier if removing Networx doesn't fix it.

The point here is that Networx may be a part of it, but may not be the actual cause (as my experience with Networx shows that it's pretty stable).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

On to the MSINFO32 report.....

FIrst, if you look at the MSINFO32 report in another language, you'll find that it's laid out exactly the same.
Even for those languages that use the same word for Drives and for Disks - the layout is the same.
As such, youll need very little foreign language skills to interpret them.

If you do need help, web translators help - but the OP is actually the best translator :0)

First I look at the Components...Network...Adapters section to see info on the wireless USB wifi devices

Next I look at the Components...Storage...Drives section to see how full each partition is

15% is good, 10% is OK, down around 2-3% I start getting worried that the system will spit errors

Then I look at the Components...Storage...Disks section to see how many hard drives they have.

This is just a rough guess at seeing how stressed the PSU is.  Most often if there are 3 or more disks, I'll ask for make/model/wattage/and age of the PSU

Anything that's borderline, I'll either suggest removing some power sucking stuff - or trying another PSU.  FYI - I generally don't count USB drives, as they can only take 500 ma of current from the USB bus.

Next is Components...Problem Devices.  Anything here needs to be looked into.  FYI - disabling a device in Device Manager usually happens after the driver loads in Windows, so although the device is disabled, the driver is still in memory.  In these cases I stress that the device needs to be enabled, then updated.  If they want, then they can disable it again.  A special circumstance is when you see a missing PS2 mouse and/or keyboard.  If the OP is using a USB mouse and/or keyboard, then it's safe to ignore those errors.  Also, FYI, in the early, pre-release versions of W10, every device would show up here - with a comment that it was working properly.

Next I look at Software Environment...Windows Error Reporting.  I sort by the Details column and look for all sorts of errors throughout it.  It is the place to look for BSOD's that haven't been seen otherwise in the reports.

Some of the things I look at are:

- AppHardBlock - these errors show that programs have been blocked, which makes you question how many incompatible programs are on the system.  FYI - if you have an AppHardBlock, then the program it belongs to (not identified in the error) is probably not even able to be uninstalled.

- BEX entries - I believe these are related to BSOD's, but am not sure

- BlueScreen entries - blue screens.  If you notice, the P1 seems to be the STOP error code (but again, I'm not sure about this)

- LiveKernelEvents - can be hardware or software.  Again, the P1 seems to be the STOP error code (but it's a bit more difficult as the STOP 0x117 errors don't show BSOD's).

Also, if there's a bunch of these, I request a copy of the Admin event log - to see if I can find patterns to why it's happening.

- WindowsUpdateFailures - depends on the dates, but if there's a bunch of recent one's you have to suspect that the system is missing some updates

- FaultBucket 0x...  This is the actual BSOD error code  Often you'll find more BSOD's here than you will have memory dumps.  Keep an eye on them and any pattern that you find.

- FaultBucket LKD....  This seems to be the equivalent of the FaultBucket 0x for the LiveKernelEvents  - mostly STOP 0x117 and 0x141.  These are mostly drivers that have crashed and recovered.  If they hadn't recovered, then there would have been an actual BSOD with a different error (116 instead of 117)

- then check through the rest of the entries to see if there's anything significant.

FWIW - user mode programs cannot cause kernel mode driver crashes.  This is the "bible" of those who work with kernel mode.

BUT, a miscrafted request from a user mode program can cause a problem with a kernel mode driver indirectly - so be careful.

We do not replace drivers - we uninstall the program that installed them, and then we install another copy that we presume is a good copy.

Next is the Software Environment...Startup Programs.

Look for items that cause problems - and those that are known BSOD causes (here's a list of some:  http://www.carrona.org/drivers/bsod_drivers.php )

Next is the Software Environment...Program Groups.

Again, look for items that cause problems - and those that are known BSOD causes

The next thing we'll address will be the memory dumps.  That'll be a long one, so I'll put it in the next post.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

The scripts use lookups to:

- the BSOD Index ( http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html )

- the DRT (Driver Reference Table) ( http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.php )

Attached is a file named Brite.zIp 

It contains the reports that I have generated from the memory dumps that you submitted.

They are:

-88 - contains drivers and links

-95 - contains drivers not in the DRT (Driver Reference Table - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.php)

-97 - contains a short summary of the BSOD's

-98 - this was the original output that we used before we had the template.txt file   I still use it just to see differences that aren't highlighted in the template file

-99 - this is the actual output of the kd.exe commands in full.  The other files are simply parts extracted from this.

-stack - this is a view of the stack text for each dump.

-template - this is a summary of all the dumps

-user1 - this is one version of a view of the raw stack text.  Occasionally gives clues that you don't get from the stack text.  Also, it doesn't always work.

-user2 - Same as user1, just a different set of commands (and a dll) to generate the raw stack text. Also, it doesn't always work.

-user3 - report that gives more detail on the STOP 0x124 (WHEA error) memory dumps

Here's the output for your memory dumps (it's basically just the template.txt file):

There's a few minor differences, but the essential content is the same:

Note that the 3rd party drivers are listed in date order - this helps you see what, if anything, is really old and maybe incompatible.

The reports are a bit customizable in an interface for the scripts at Sysnative.com - so, each analyst may have different output.

There's also links for the Bugcheck/BSOD info (to the BSOD Index) and there's links for the 3rd party drivers (to the DRT) in the output of the template file.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.
**************************Thu Mar 17 14:01:09.003 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\031716-23203-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 10586 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 10586.162.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160223-1728
System Uptime: 0 days 14:12:20.907
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for networx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for networx.sys
Probably caused by : tdx.sys ( tdx!TdxSendDatagramTransportAddress+420 )
BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at
    DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. The offending component can usually be
    identified with a stack trace.
Arg2: 0000000000001e00, The watchdog period.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x133
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  networx.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x133_ISR_tdx!TdxSendDatagramTransportAddress
  BIOS Version                  F.42
  BIOS Release Date             11/04/2015
  Manufacturer                  Hewlett-Packard
  Product Name                  HP 15 Notebook PC
  Baseboard Product             22CD
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Wed Mar 16 23:48:12.442 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\031616-23718-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 17:08:47.343
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for networx.sys
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Wed Mar 16 06:38:41.921 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\031616-35156-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 7 days 10:57:33.828
Arguments:
**************************Sun Mar  6 02:11:18.927 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\030616-26296-01.dmp]
Built by: 10586.122.amd64fre.th2_release_inmarket.160222-1549
System Uptime: 0 days 14:28:41.817
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+be8 )
BugCheck 19, {d, ffffd00140fb2340, ffffe00193e34801, aa3604b07e22a9a1}
BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000000d,
Arg2: ffffd00140fb2340
Arg3: ffffe00193e34801
Arg4: aa3604b07e22a9a1
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x19_d
PROCESS_NAME:  chrome.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x19_d_nt!ExFreePool

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
**************************Thu Mar 17 14:01:09.003 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
CLVirtualDrive.sys           Mon Dec 26 08:26:47 2011 (4EF87617)
ambakdrv.sys                 Tue Dec 25 03:46:35 2012 (50D967EB)
ammntdrv.sys                 Tue Dec 25 03:46:37 2012 (50D967ED)
amwrtdrv.sys                 Tue Dec 25 03:46:38 2012 (50D967EE)
speedfan.sys                 Sat Dec 29 15:59:35 2012 (50DF59B7)
clwvd.sys                    Mon Jan 27 22:58:36 2014 (52E72AEC)
Rt630x64.sys                 Tue Jul 15 22:56:14 2014 (53C5E9CE)
appexDrv.sys                 Wed Mar 25 16:41:52 2015 (55131D90)
amdxata.sys                  Thu Apr 30 20:55:35 2015 (5542CF07)
amdsata.sys                  Thu May 14 08:14:52 2015 (555491BC)
amdkmpfd.sys                 Mon May 25 16:25:23 2015 (55638533)
WirelessButtonDriver64.sys   Thu May 28 16:38:48 2015 (55677CD8)
rtwlane.sys                  Tue Jul 21 09:28:46 2015 (55AE490E)
RtsP2Stor.sys                Thu Aug  6 23:22:30 2015 (55C42476)
mbam.sys                     Tue Aug 11 13:35:19 2015 (55CA3257)
amdpsp.sys                   Fri Aug 14 00:09:34 2015 (55CD69FE)
SynTP.sys                    Thu Sep 17 17:07:13 2015 (55FB2B81)
AtihdWT6.sys                 Fri Sep 18 06:08:20 2015 (55FBE294)
RTKVHD64.sys                 Tue Oct 13 07:24:57 2015 (561CEA09)
networx.sys                  Thu Nov  5 14:52:09 2015 (563BB369)
AmdAS4.sys                   Sun Nov  8 21:21:00 2015 (5640030C)
atikmpag.sys                 Fri Dec  4 11:42:57 2015 (5661C291)
atikmdag.sys                 Fri Dec  4 12:14:28 2015 (5661C9F4)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CLVirtualDrive.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ambakdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ammntdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amwrtdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=clwvd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=appexDrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdsata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdkmpfd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WirelessButtonDriver64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rtwlane.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsP2Stor.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbam.sys
amdpsp.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SynTP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdWT6.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=networx.sys
AmdAS4.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys

Attached Files

Edited by usasma, 18 March 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

Please note that your AOMEI backup drivers date from 2012.

There have been some changes in the file systems, so it's reasonable to wonder if there might be compatibility issues here.

Checking the Aomei website for compatibility info is the surest way to see.

Although older, Cyberlink and Speedfan drivers are usually fairly stable.

It doesn't hurt to check them because of their age - but I'm less concerned over these than the Aomei drivers

As the memory dumps are suggestive of networking issues, the older networking drivers are of a concern.

As you're running W10 Fall Update, it was released around 15 Nov 2015 - so any driver older than that is likely to not have been designed w/W10 Fall Update in mind.

Again, check to be sure that they are current.

***************************************************************************************************

Now, how did I get NetworX out of this?

I found it in 3 out of the 4 memory dumps in the stack.txt file

The stack is listed in reverse order, so the stuff at the bottom happens before the stuff at the top.

And in each one the NetworX driver is sitting there telling us that it's involved.

Also notice in the 3 out of 4 stack texts, that HAL is also present.

Although not a definite diagnostic tool, it's presence causes you to ask why the Hardware Abstraction Layer was involved in this particular crash?

In most cases that I see, it's usually because of compatibility or hardware issues.

So, it seems to me as if NetworX is involved.

As it's not an essential tool, temporarily removing it will tell you if it's a part of the crash or not.

If other problems continue, then we can run Driver Verifier to see if there are other drivers involved.

But, don't just focus on the older drivers - as the newer drivers can become corrupted.

And that means that installation procedures may have to be changed - from just updating the current drivers, to uninstalling the old version and then installing a freshly downloaded version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users