My daughter in-law's laptop suddenly will not power up.
I tried removing the battery and discharging, removing the memory, trying one chip at a time, tried with just adapter and just with battery. Now I know the adapter is probably not the correct one for the laptop but it has been working.
It seems like it wants to boot up, the battery and power lights in the front are in, I can feel the fan but its extremely faint. Is there anything else I can try? I believe the mobo may be shot but not sure what else to try. HD appears to be fine - hooked that up to an enclosure and got some files off it.