Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tips on using Origin on family Pc multiple users and online play.. ..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sodicka320

sodicka320

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

Hi

Have loaded a couple games onto the family PC through Origin (not happy with but now no other option it seems :( )  Crysis 3, Rayman , Need for speed .

Have then added my login details to my sons users account on PC so that they can play the same games with their settings and progress saved separately on their user.

This seems to work fine as long as they don't save to the cloud.

Now one of my sons has ordered Plants vs Zombies GW2 and wants to play online and with his  xbox gamertag nobody else is probably bothered about playing this on the PC so is it best to start new Origin account for him and switch between the two...or can can i load on mine as before and all have separate gamertags linked ??

Cheers Kev :cool:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

As long as he ordered from some other party, and\ not through Origin (and your account) and has just a product key for it. I would create his own Origin account then activate the key for the game on there.

If he bought it through your account, then usually it is locked to the account you buy it on.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#3 sodicka320

sodicka320
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for reply , have ordered it on disc from amazon but will as you said start an origin account for him which he can link to his gamertag.

Just seems sooo unfair that a family can't share a game on the same pc but for nearly the same price Xbox/ps versions can be used by whoever has the disc and even resold !

Anyway i'll post back if it works out better somehow :)

Cheers Kev :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users