Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus Rampage III Extreme

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jwmghf

jwmghf

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:49 PM

Hey guys:

I installed the Asus R3E, a refurbed board from Asus.  When I turn on the system, it powers up and that's it.  The screen stays black and I have the little speaker and it's not making any beeping codes.  Also, the hd light on the front of the case isn't light up at all.  I did notice that where the main power supply connects on the mobo, there is a bright red led light that indicates "cpu".  I'm pretty sure that's a problem.  I know my cpu works because I tested it in a different system and it booted up just fine. 

The system is using Intel I7 980 Extreme, 12gb Corsair memory, ATI 5700 graphics card, Corsair 1000w power supply, a bunch of  2tb Western Digital hard drives.  Only the one hd with the OS on it is connected at this time.  Any suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:59 PM

I would reseat all connections to make sure they are all good, and make sure everything is hooked up that should be.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#3 jwmghf

jwmghf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

I going to take the mobo out and start from scratch.  I'll put it back together and make sure all is good.  I'll post back when I'm done.

Thanks

#4 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

I don't know if you need to go to that much extreme. I would just go over each plug on the board, maybe reseat RAM (wouldn't worry about the CPU) and make sure everything is okay, then try again. Also make sure you plugged in the power to the CPU fan.. that will cause it to not boot as well. Though it should shut it down immediately and not just sit there... so maybe not that but you never know.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#5 jwmghf

jwmghf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:00 PM

cpu plug was plugged in.  I have 3 water blocks on the board so I want to make sure I didn't make them too tight.  I recall tightening them down a bit more when I 1st installed.  I will check everything once more and then re-assemble.

Edited by jwmghf, 17 March 2016 - 05:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users