Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sfc found corrupt files unable to repair.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:37 PM

Trying to fix my sfc /scannow any help would be great ty.windows resource found corrupt files but was unable to repair.

Edited by diggiedo, 17 March 2016 - 04:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:56 PM

It seems to me that whenever SFC finds anything it couldn't fix everything it found, even when it fixes whatever I ran it for.  It's either that or "no problems found".  But if it didn't fix your problem, that's something else.  Since you didn't say what your problem was or whether SFC fixed your problem, that's about all we can say for now.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:07 PM

Follow the instructions in this tutorial,use option 5. "To Use DISM /RestoreHealth Command"

ie "In the elevated command prompt, copy and paste the command below, press Enter"
 Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

This will try to fix any file corruption.

Let iit run and restart the computer.

If it doesnt work,try steps 6 and 7.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7808-dism-repair-windows-10-image.html

let us know if you need any fyrther assistance

#4 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:10 PM

tyvm i will try that.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates (and SFC.EXE is very closely related to it).
I am not one of them.
But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.
I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.

First, please try the Windows Update troubleshooter/fixes listed here:
Windows Update Troubleshooter:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us
Windows Update Troubleshooter KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434
Reset Windows Update Components KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Then, if that doesn't fix the Windows Update problem, please do the following 2 things. (copied from here:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):

Run SFCFix

This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.

-  First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.
        -  Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).
        -  Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.

Export CBS folder
NOTE:  This is not for me (I can't read them).  This is in case you decide to post in the OS forums asking for help from the experts. 

-  On Windows 8/10, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.
        -  On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button then click Computer.
        -  Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
        -  Find and double click on the Logs folder.
        -  Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
        -  Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
        -  Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
        -  A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.
For the second item (CBS log), if you'd like it analyzed, start a post in the OS forums, then zip it up and upload it with your next post there (it's not needed in this topic as I can't read it).
If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox).  Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here.

Edited by usasma, 17 March 2016 - 04:42 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

Well wolverine7 i did the first round of what you told me an now my computer ran into some kind of start up problem so i,m having to do a total reset so thats going to take a little while i will get back to ya an let you know something.i tried start up repair an that did not work so i haft to do a reset.

#7 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:13 PM

Well running the DISM Restore Health tool wouldnt cause a start up problem by itself .

What kind of Startup issue exactly?

Wondering if theres a malware or hardrive issue.

Let us know how the reset goes.Good luck.

#8 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

Nothing is working still have the same problem oh well thank you for your time anyway. :hysterical:

#9 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

Probably time to visit a reputable computer shop,maybe hardrive issues,but whatever they can probably sort it for you,good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users