Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard acting up, HP Quicklaunch and/or Freemake video converter suspect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eriolclow

eriolclow

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:21 AM

Hi. My laptop's keyboard seems to be acting up and I'm not sure if it's a malware issue or just a problem with the drivers. Malwarebytes doesn't turn anything up. I keep getting a pop up saying that Quicklaunch couldn't find the default email/browser application and that I should check HP support for info on how to reassign Quicklaunch buttons, so I tried updating the drivers for HP Quicklaunch. While I was at the support page looking for said drivers, the page kept going into inspect element mode by itself. Meanwhile, my keyboard will act up, like the p becoming an asterisk or none of the numbers in the left part of the keyboard work.

I was eventually able to update the drivers, and thelaptop seems to be working now. But I'd like to be sure that there aren't any issues still lurking.

One problem I do have is that I also installed Freemake Video Converter a while back and now I can't seem to remove it through the control panel either. I'm not sure if Freemake was what caused the keyboard to go wonky, but either way I'd like it gone too. Hope someone here can help me. :)

Edit:

The Quicklaunch Popup appeared again, so I guess downloading the drivers didn't work, It's also switching on caps lock and interrup`-BN , interrupting me in the midst of typing (sample of that given here). And any video or music I happen to be playing when the quicklaunch popup happens messes up the vide`-BN`-bn  audio and video either slow down/freeze or go back to the start of the file.

Freemake also sends pop ups requesting me to update to a new version? or a paid one. I'm not sure,

Edited by eriolclow, 17 March 2016 - 10:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users