Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 now NT Server, Possible DNS Hijacked, and Strange User Accounts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 caseyc_4455

caseyc_4455

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

At home I currently have a new Dell Laptop, it still had the default stuff on it when I purchased it as if it was a display model in the store. I used the recovery drive to reformat to factory default, setup my new system and the first thing I did was install my security software Kaspersky Total Security. Installed all my default apps, Chrome, FileZilla, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Zone Alarm, VLC, WinRAR. I did install NordVPN at some point, but stopped using it as I didn't find it all that great.

Anyways, I've noticed that somehow my computer has turned into an NT Workstation. Adding users with remote access rights, IIS_USERS, etc. Event logs being deleted, but some still there. Special privledge logons adding other users and etc. Seems that a lot of my certificates are messed up, and the same thing has happened to my work computer and it seems to be replicating itself throughout machines on the networks. I'm not sure what it is, how to stop it, or where it is coming from. Kaspersky shows everything as trusted, no infected files found. I've tried TDS Killer, I've tried Malware Bytes, I've tried a lot. I've even went back and reformatted again, and it keeps coming back. I switch my laptop into Airplane mode, and somehow it is still connected! I'm even having problems with my iPhone6 iOS 9.3 now, and believe it may have been somehow affected by the iTunes connection to my system.

Anyways, I am stuck, and do not know where to begin. There are hidden devices that are not actually on my machine in the device manager. And driver software that probably isn't really correct but are making my network adapters and other such items function in strange ways. I've never seen this before, but since it has all begun, anytime I format the machine as soon as I connect it to the internet it starts automatically making the changes again, and my security programs do not catch it.

I'm locked out of some system folders and do not have access to them. There are tunneling adapters installed but isn't actively showing them in my Network Devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users