Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Lagging/Unresponsive & Beeping

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Soldja

Soldja

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

Hello All, 

I'll try to keep this short but also detailed to help with as much important info as I can.

When it started:

I recently had Windows 10 on my current system running for months (maybe a year) fine, then while playing a game my mouse went insane beeping and not responding to my clicks. I could use my keyboard but couldnt do anything with my mouse. So I decided to do a hard reboot on the system and it ran into some complicated issues that forced me to do a clean install (no repair options worked and all failed after numerous reboots).

After the clean install I updated my drivers and downloaded all my games from steam and my mp3 music from my external HDDs; like business as usual. Shockingly enough it happened again, so I am thinking it is something to do with my hardware even though I have not gotten any new hardware recently....I did replace my HDD to a nice western digital one a few months ago and things have been fine.

I've done a bit of testing and the beeping/lagging seems to happen in two ways.

• 1. I go afk for about 10 minutes and come back (computer doesnt sleep) and i can move my mouse fine, no lag; however when clicking it beeps twice per one click and the clicks dont register to the PC like its trying to do anything.
  • 2. After so many hours randomly it will beep while simply moving the mouse and becomes unresponsive as well. The more you move the mouse, the more beeps produced. I have not noticed what causes this to happen.

Troubleshooting & observation:

The only way to fix the #1 scenario was to run a freeware program called "Caffeine" that keeps pressing an imaginary F15 key so my PC doesnt think its sleep. Even though my power settings are to not sleep or have any USB devices go sleep or......anything sleep basically.

I've tried different USB ports for the mouse and a completely different mouse and neither of those things made a difference...I even connected both mouses in to the computer and when it freaks out for one, both are unresponsive. Even my Xbox controller doesnt work when it happens (if i go afk in a game in come back it doesnt respond at all). Also, my keyboard can move around my computer fine, I can alt tab between programs and interact with them fine. The only thing is I can't do a soft reboot, it stalls forever saying "Restarting" so I have no choice but to hard reboot it every time. I also looked at my HDD health with WD's Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tools and they all pass the "SMART" status. I've also tried disconnecting and reconnecting my mouse after this happens and it doesnt help, still dead.

Conclusion:

The mouse that I'm using is a "Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse". But I dont think its the problem and would love some assistance from you guys if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

Thank you for your time and help.

Edited by Soldja, 17 March 2016 - 12:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:31 AM

I presume that this is a desktop computer?

I presume that you've tried the ports in the front and in the back?

If so equipped, have you tried this with the USB 2.0 ports and then the USB 3.0 ports?

Wait until the mouse freezes again, then generate these reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Soldja

Soldja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:03 AM

Hey Usasma,

I presume that this is a desktop computer? 

I presume that you've tried the ports in the front and in the back?

If so equipped, have you tried this with the USB 2.0 ports and then the USB 3.0 ports?

1. Yes, that is correct, a desktop computer

2. I have not actually, the way my desktop sits on my computer the front ports are a bit far away from my mouse but I can/will try that out if you think that would help. Nothing is using my front USB ports at the moment.

3. No, I have not. Coincidentally, my only USB 2 ports are on the front of my PC.

I've attached the files you requested I supply. It happened just now after playing a game, beeping in movement and clicks like scenario two. 

Thank you for your response and your help. Let me know if you have further suggestions/ideas.

Attached Files

Edited by Soldja, 17 March 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#4 Soldja

Soldja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:02 PM

So after it happened again last night, I decided to just leave my PC on and alone for the night without caffeine running and it didnt do the #1 scenario of beeping on clicks and unresponsive.

Going to test more but maybe I have to start and quit a game for this to happen....I hope  my GPU isnt the problem, its less than a year old brand new *sigh*.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:17 PM

Unfortunately it appears that the system has pirated software.
Please get a legitimate copy installed and we'll be glad to help.

Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

Please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

As a courtesy, I will offer an analysis of your issues using the reports you provided.
I will not answer any questions about the analysis until the system is made legitimate.
If you do make it legitimate, please submit a new set of reports for us to check.

Admin Log File:

Please remove the drivers and software for the HTC device and physically remove the device from your system.
See if that helps.

Check Device Manager for an error with the AMDA00 device.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the ASUS ROG systems:  This topic at TomsHardware ( 

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2798171/amda00-driver-error.html

suggests that you visit this topic at the Asus ROG forums:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48808-Help-Multiple-ACPI-Errors/page2

Sorry about the quotes, something wouldn't let me copy/paste them the usual way :(

Regardless of what you do, ensure that you have the latest version of the AMD drivers from Asus.

BSOD Inspector:

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 0501) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a recent update.

Only 4 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

This device has problems in Device Manager:

HTC MTP Device    USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0616&MI_02\6&19A99BE9&0&0002    This device cannot start.

As discussed previously, uninstall it's software/drivers and physically remove the device from your system.

Interestingly, you have an nVidia video card, yet have issues with AMD drivers.

Please be sure to remove the AMD video software/drivers completely.

If your system has an AMD chipset, be very, very careful what you remove - as it may cause serious problems with the system.

XXXXX

Edited by usasma, 17 March 2016 - 04:59 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Soldja

Soldja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

I initially got the free windows 10 upgrade from 7 directly from MS. As I said in my original post, no recovery options worked so I went 'another route'. Rules are rules and I respect that. I'll take your advice and check out ASUS and uninstall my HTC drivers etc.

Thanks for your help and input, its greatly appreciated. I"ll oblige your rules and make this legitimate and ask for a follow up if necessary.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users