Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Funding

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 khari262

khari262

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

I'm looking to start my own YouTube channel but I cannot do that without a good computer that can play graphic intensive games and can render videos. I am currently 15 years old and not old enough to legally get a job. Therefore i'm looking for fellow humans (no xenomorphs) to help a fund a human in need. Here is the link to my gofundme page.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 March 2016 - 01:40 PM.
deleted go fund me link

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

No harm in being optimistic.

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:37 PM

$1500 is really high. Maybe lower the amount.

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:03 PM

What are the specs of the PC you want to build? I won't donate money but I will donate expertise...
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

Are these the specs of the computer you want to build?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608091/gaming-specs/

khari262, are you in the United States?

If you are you might be able to legally get a job even though you are only 15.

To find out, google child labor laws for your state. There should be a result listed for an official state page.
Read it, find out what the restrictions are for your state.

It is mostly the same for all states regarding ages, times you can work, what jobs you won't be able to do.

Yes, it would be part time and would take a while for you to get the money to do what you want. If you save the money and set it aside to be used for a computer, don't spend it on anything else, eventually you will have enough.

One thing you can do if you get a job. Talk to your parents. See if they would be willing to help you out once you save a certain amount or give you money to be added to the computer fund for your birthday and Christmas.

If you do get a job, remember that your school work comes first. You will have to find a balance so you can easily do both.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 March 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

hey theres always paper routes....

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 Foldingchair

Foldingchair

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

You need funding. Don't we all? :wink:

"Peace and blessings be upon you all."

#8 JosephPorter

JosephPorter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:24 PM

You need funding. Don't we all? :wink:

Agree!

Better try first working on easy online works like Data Entry stuff to earn that amount. Or just tell your dad about your plan you dont know he will support you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users