I am not very PC savvy, as you will probably gather on this journey! & I thank you for your patiance with me! which means also I am not very good with the termonolagy!
- October 2015 replaced my old HP windows 7 machine because I wiped (by mistake) 7 off it! & it was slow & I had generally messed about with it?
- New lenovo all in one PC 1TB with Windows 8.1 purchased & at the same time a new 1TB WD external hard drive.
- Used my PC for a while & kept getting asked to go to windows 10 so I updated to 10
- I was being asked by M/S to back up so I played for a while & saw in settings it should back up automatically?
- While what I thought was me very carefully learning I saw that quite a bit of memory on "C" was used up so I thought this is where my External HD could be used, on the box it says no more than just plug it in! I looked & found back up & I was asked what to back it up to! I found in devises? WD 10 & tried to click on that & went to back up & left it running// backing up & emptying/ making room on my c drive! thats what I think happens!
- When I checked my 1TB new external hard drive it was about 70% full?? only a bit of space left! obvious I had done something wrong!
- I randomly did some backing up on DVDS? I really am out of control now! & do not know at all what I am doing!just thinking I have backed up!& often ignored other request by M/S to back up! So one morning I thought I will just back up & leave it! When I came to the PC next day I had Lenovos own?? what I had registered to"Flagging up" low on disc space! I checked a few sites looking for what i had done in panic mode really! & saw that my "C" drive was nearly full up?
- Again without taking proper advice I got into my control panel & again after "messing about" saw a list of files & one read? I think & am sorry for being vague recovery "E" & may have said windows 8 os!& it had really big numbers against it! which I guess now means opererating sytem! thinking I am now on 10 I deleted it! Got no Apps now<> no sound<> cannot switch it off without going cntrl alt delete I realise I have messed a new machine up in complete ignorance & madness!
- Is there any solutions please! Is this PC now useless!