Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wiped windows & need to know how to remedy please!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yony

Yony

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

I am not very PC savvy, as you will probably gather on this journey! & I thank you for your patiance with me! which means also I am not very good with the termonolagy!

• October 2015 replaced my old HP windows 7 machine because I wiped (by mistake) 7 off it! & it was slow & I had generally messed about with it?
  • New lenovo all in one PC 1TB with Windows 8.1 purchased & at the same time a new 1TB WD external hard drive.
  • Used my PC for a while & kept getting asked to go to windows 10 so I updated to 10
  • I was being asked by M/S to back up so I played for a while & saw in settings it should back up automatically?
  • While what I thought was me very carefully learning I saw that quite a bit of memory on "C" was used up so I thought this is where my External HD could be used, on the box it says no more than just plug it in! I looked & found back up & I was asked what to back it up to! I found in devises? WD 10 & tried to click on that & went to back up & left it running// backing up & emptying/ making room on my c drive! thats what I think happens!
  • When I checked my 1TB new external hard drive it was about 70% full?? only a bit of space left! obvious I had done something wrong!
  • I randomly did some backing up on DVDS? I really am out of control now! & do not know at all what I am doing!just thinking I have backed up!& often ignored other request by M/S to back up! So one morning I thought I will just back up & leave it! When I came to the PC next day I had Lenovos own?? what I had registered to"Flagging up" low on disc space! I checked a few sites looking for what i had done in panic mode really! & saw that my "C" drive was nearly full up?
  • Again without taking proper advice I got into my control panel & again after "messing about" saw a list of files & one read? I think & am sorry for being vague recovery "E" & may have said windows 8 os!& it had really big numbers against it! which I guess now means opererating sytem! thinking I am now on 10 I deleted it! Got no Apps now<> no sound<> cannot switch it off without going cntrl alt delete I realise I have messed a new machine up in complete ignorance & madness!
  • Is there any solutions please! Is this PC now useless! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:56 AM

If you tap F2 at boot do you get a screen with a One Key Recovery icon? If you do then click it and it will factory reset to Windows 8.1 but any data and programs you installed will be lost.

Here is a video on the one key recovery.

If you deleted it then you will need to reinstall Windows 10 using the media creation tool here.

#3 Yony

Yony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:47 AM

John_C21

Thank you very much for you help & mean that sincerly! I thought I had trashed my new PC! Cannot thank you enough, I follwed the links you sent & I am back on myPC! lost a lot of my old stuff! But hey a lesson learnt!

Yony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users