Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crypto infection - Not changing extensions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gips

gips

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

Hello,
got infected by a new ransomware. It looks like a new type. It did not change the extensions of the files, also it either did not affect MP3 and ISO files, or simply the encryption is adding something in front or at the end of the file and its not encrypted fully i am not sure. Also some small video files are intact. I have recently formatted my drives , so the infection did not do any real damage. Attached are the 4 files that the encryptor left plus one encrypted zip, all are in another zip. Also i am using Malwarebytes Premium, it did not detect anything as usual. This is the 3rd infection it skips, due to being just released. Anyway i will probably format the disks again, so if you want me to send anything else let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:24 PM

Looks like teslacrypt that did not properly fire off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users