Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 stuck on a black screen with curser and circle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FergusonChris85

FergusonChris85

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:37 AM

Hey all, thank you for the add first of all.

I am working on the Co-owner of my place of employment. Today when doing some maintenance on her Lenovo x1 carbon it upgraded to the Win 10 pro from home on it's own, once this completed and restarted it will boot up to where I can access the bios or recovery, but the normal boot just displays a black screen with the curser and circle blinking. Unfortunately the bitlocker has been enabled and she does't have the recovery key so booting to safemode or even resetting isn't an option. I can access the command line through recovery but have no access to the c: since it is locked. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this issue. I have run FRST64 and comeback with the common things like C:\windows\system32\winlog.exe is missing...ect.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FergusonChris85

FergusonChris85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:42 AM

Forgot to mention the update was kb3012973

#3 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

If you don't have a full system backup, you're out of luck.  I hope this has been a learning experience.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users