Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tracking Down Network Issues, I Think I知 Close to The Answer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BishopElectricity

BishopElectricity

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:36 PM

Issue and Assumption(s):

For the past couple of weeks I've been getting weird issues with the WiFi dropping the internet connection but never having an issue with the internal network (I always able to log into my router or hit any of my internally hosted stuff like plex).

I purchased a Powerline / Wifi Kit (TPL-410APK) but was later convinced it too was screwing with my router, just purchased a WiFi repeater and it's great (sans a few latency complaints) but I still get weird dropouts, I have a hunch that the issue may lie in my modem somehow, but my ISP refuses to take a look at the logs.

Router Logs -> http://pastebin.com/Ee9zGQT7
Modem Logs ->http://pastebin.com/bzSHe1m0 (or attached)

Tech Involved: 

• RT-N66W (repackaged N66U) with Latest Firmware (3.0.0.4.378_9459)
  • Various Devices (Wired and Wireless, Cell Phones, Tablets, Computers, Game Consoles, etc...)
  • WiFi Repeater (NETGEAR AC1200)
  • ARRIS SURFboard SB6121

Attached Files

Edited by BishopElectricity, 15 March 2016 - 07:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:20 PM

modem has a lot of T3 time-out errors.  Google it and talk to your isp. Looks like they did a software update recently.

#3 BishopElectricity

BishopElectricity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:16 AM

modem has a lot of T3 time-out errors.  Google it and talk to your isp. Looks like they did a software update recently.

Reaching out to them to ask about that; any issues you can see with my router log? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users