Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with a format please!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mikey92

Mikey92

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:53 AM

Hi everyone Michael here. I just have some questions regarding a windows tablet I've recently purchased.

It came with Windows 8.1 with Bing, And it wouldn't let me upgrade to windows 10 as there wasn't enough space. So I plugged in a Keyboard & Mouse + A windows 10 USB and launched to BIOS and then booted from the USB successfully installing Windows 10. But.. I have no drivers, now I've never run into this problem before as I've always been able to locate them but I am stuck & cannot find any drivers nor anything on the company who made my tablet. It works with a keyboard & mouse, and WIFI also works which means maybe Bluetooth does too but there is no touch screen, the windows touch button on the tablet doesn't work, there is no audio & nor front or rear camera as far as I know. (& whatever else there may be I don't know..) So I'd REALLY appreciate any help I can get as I've just purchased this and don't want to let it go to waste :( Im hoping with the information I provide below someone may be able to point me in the right direction or if someone knows how to manually determine what drivers I need by looking into the hardware components sorta thing..

From memory when it had Windows 8.1, In the control panel it had 2 items labelled 'Driver package' with an Asian name for each and I don't remember what and yes Im an idiot for not writing it down :(

I also have Windows XP Tablet edition & Windows 7 as well if these may work easier.

I have also tried Windows update.

Here are the details I've managed to find in the BIOS & about this tablet.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Amaze Tech Limited

8" Windows 8 Tablet

AM-WTPC8001-16G

CPU: Intel Atom Z3735G Quad-core 1.33 GHz CPU
RAM: 1GB DDR3
Internal Storage: 16GB
Screen: 8" 1280 x 800 IPS 16:10, 5-Point Capacitive Multi-Touch
Camera: Rear 5.0MP, Front 2.0MP
Wireless Connectivitiy: WIFI 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
External Memory Support: (Micro up to 32GB)
Built-In G-Sensor

BIOS

Aptio Setup Utility 2013 American Megatrends, Inc. Version 2.16.1242

eMMC Infomation Samsung MAG2GA 1D4B0807

Battery Solution : ULPMC Solution

BOM Selection Switch [Windows/BOM3.1] once it showed up as -> [Force Android/BOM2.0]?
Pre-OS/BOM Selection [Windows 8.X/BOM3.1] once it showed up as ->  [Android/BOM2.0]?
OS/BOM Selection [Windows 8.X/BOM3.1] once it showed up as ->  [Android/BOM2.0]?
PMIC [Xpowers]
Audio [Realtek ALC5642]
MIPI PANEL [Panasonic 19x12] [Innolux 8x12]
WIFI [Realtek RGN RTL8723BS]
Bluetooth [Realtek RGN RTL8723BS]
Rear Cam [Lite-On 13P2BA829] once it showed up as ->  [GO GNDF130928-C]?
Front Cam [Lite-On 13P2SF221] once it showed up as ->  [GO GNBF130927-B]?
Changer [X-Powers integrated]
Fuel Gauge [X-Powers integrated]

Azalia HD Audio;
 LPE Audio Support [LPE AUDIO ACPI mode] or [LPE Audio PCI mode]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope this helps and if anyone could point me in the right direction for finding anymore information I will do so, also apolligies if I've posted this in the wrong place.

Much appreciated thanks, Michael.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

There's no way to do an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 in 16 GB C: drive.  Go back to 8.1 if you can.  It's supported until 2023.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:43 PM

Suggestion from Paul Thurrott:  https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4547/upgrade-a-small-tablet-or-laptop-to-windows-10

I haven't tried this myself, good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users