Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What do you use to permanenty erase file from recycle bin?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skymaster191

skymaster191

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:52 PM

Not sure if I have this under the correct forum. I'm looking for a utility I can use to permanently erase files from recycle bin without wiping the hard drive. Can you all suggest a reliable, safe tool you like to use for this? I use Windows 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,047 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

You can try either of these   Darik’s Boot and Nuke , CCleaner , Eraser.

I prefer CCleaner and using Wipe Free Disk Space - Function.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

1/ From the main CCleaner window, click on the "Tools" icon to the left.

2/ Select "Drive Wiper" from the list that appears in the new pane.

3/ In this pane, select "Free Space Only" from the first drop-down box, then select the number of overwrite passes on the free space.

4/Select the drive with free space you want to clean and click Wipe.

The number of passes you have CCleaner make is up to you. One pass will likely be sufficient, but if you're really serious about security and privacy then you'll probably like to do more passes. The time this process will take to complete is based on the number of passes you choose to make as well as the size of your hard drive.

#3 skymaster191

skymaster191
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:21 PM

Ok. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users