So my battery on my asus laptop had died out completely and so it was in need of being replaced; I opened the laptop (asus laptop batteries are internal) and removed in, but as I was working on it, I accidently knocked off a capacitor and it needed to be resoldered. I went out to my local store and bought a kit to solder and I might have messed up.. Here are my concerns:
1. While soldering, I couldnt get too close to the motherboard as it was a cramped space, so I put a lot of solder and its sticking up? Can too much solder be bad?
2. After finishing the solder and thirty minutes had passed, I tried powering on the laptop but it wouldnt turn on? (the capacitor that fell off was right next to the area where the battery connects to the mother board) The following morning, I plugged it in and the charging light turned on (didnt the night before) but I was too scared to power it on.
3. The soldering needle (that melts the metal) did touch the mother board around 5 times for one to two seconds. I dont know if this is bad or not?)
I made sure the solder didnt touch any other metals on the motherboard since I didnt want to accidentally make a new connection.. The connections are correct (positive and negative); charges. Any thoughts? Is it dangerous to use? Thanks!