Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mechanical Keyboards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blueskies5

blueskies5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

I have been looking for a mechanical keyboard for months and months now.  I'm not a gamer, but I like the feel of a gamer's keyboard as it's like what I learned on until they started making cheap keyboards to save money.  It would also be nice to have some lights or have the keys light up but no matter where I look, all of them are a gaming keyboard.  I purchased one and didn't like it at all as it's smaller than a regular keyboard ...... the keys were so close together I hated that.  Is there such a thing as a mechanical keyboard that isn't made just for gamers.  I would really appreciate any information you could give me on this.  :flowers: 

Edited by Orange Blossom, 22 March 2016 - 09:50 AM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

Which one did you buy? Logitech, Razer, and Corsair are some of the better mechanical keyboards. They are typically labeled gaming keyboards, but they shouldn't have a compressed key layout, at least as far as I know. They don't seem like they do anyway.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#3 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

mechanicalkeyboards.com has a variety of mechanical keyboards for a variety of users. I personally prefer ones with Cherry MX Browns and Cherry MX Blues (switch type) for non-gaming and gaming alike. The filter lets you choose switch preference.

Which one did you buy? Logitech, Razer, and Corsair are some of the better mechanical keyboards. They are typically labeled gaming keyboards, but they shouldn't have a compressed key layout, at least as far as I know. They don't seem like they do anyway.

Those are the big names in gaming, but there are plenty of others that you probably haven't heard of, like Ducky. I also find it odd that you mention Logitech, as they haven't had a mech KB until recently.

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#4 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,419 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:11 AM

They are the bigger names for gaming yes, though most of them look fine to use everyday as well. Nope never heard of Ducky before. Logitech has had a mechanical keyboard for a while I thought, but then again, its not like I have been watching the market very closely. Regardless if it is something newer or not, Logitech makes some of the best peripherals around. At least in my opinion anyway they do.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users