Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 10 slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maddawg33

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:13 AM

Hi all- 

I have a Lenovo x120 with and AMD E350 Processor, 1.6ghz and 16 gb of RAM....so I recognize this is no super computer.  that said, since it was updated to windows 10 about 6 months ago, it is painfully slow.  As much as I can't stand windows 10 and an interface where I can't find anything, I can't stand the fact that it is slow.

I have read some of the threads here about uninstalling and reinstalling a lot of the programs because getting those with the latest drivers could help, but I would have no idea which aspects of the system need new drivers and programs.  If anyone has any suggestions as to what what I could do to diagnose problems to see if trying to go through those steps will help before committing that process.  Otherwise, I am tempted to simply get a new Mac......where I can actually find things.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,135 posts
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

You can follow my instructions and use my program to boost performance of Windows 10 and network.
 "Tweaking & Optimizing Window Operating System"
"Boost Windows O/S & Network Performance"

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:24 PM

You can always install the free program Classic Shell which will make Windows 10 look and feel like 7, Vista, or XP, but it's not going to speed up that slow CPU you have.  Before going to a Mac though, you should try Linux Mint which takes much less resource than Windows and has a user interface very similar to Windows.  You can download it here:

https://linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php .  You don't have to install anything, you can burn it to a DVD and boot from it.  In less than 4 minutes you'll be up and running with it.  If you put it on a flash drive, it'll boot in under 1 minute.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users