I had Android studio open, running its android phone emulator, when my laptop started making this sound.
I initially thought this may have been a malware issue, but Nasdaq informes it's probably hardware instead, see this post.
- Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
- Sony Vaio VPCEC4SOE Laptop, with an I5 processor and 6GB RAM
- BIOS version is: American Megatrends R1140y8, 6/10/2010
I seem to remember having to enable hardware acceleration when setting up android studio, which suggests it's a hardware intensive process.
I've been digging around, and I found a post that said a siren type sound is CPU overheating.
1) can error sounds from the BIOS happen long after boot? (I can't seem to find this out on the net)
2) if it is the processor overheating, could I confirm with some logfile?
3) is there a way to confirm what this noise is?
Edited by reggiereg, 14 March 2016 - 05:46 AM.