Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphone And Microphone Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 too_sly

too_sly

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:00 PM

I play a game called "Americas Army" alot and I use a program called teamspeak to speak to my teammates. The problem I have is that they can hear exactly what's happening in the background in the game any time I talk into the mic. So they can pretty much tell where I'm at. Can anyone tell me how to disable that. I mean I'm sure it's not just the game, i'm sure if I was listening to music they could hear the music as well. I have a Plantronics Headphones and Mic combo.

thanks.
mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:15 AM

Hi too_sly.
Look in your audio mixer properties.
The only thing you want set to "recorder" is "microphone" while playing the game.
Also might want to make sure your speaker configuration is set to headphones only.
The settings will vary depending on your audio\sound card configuration so that's about as specific as I can get at the moment.

#3 too_sly

too_sly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:06 PM

kewl thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users