Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem finding correct drivers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 niklas1981

niklas1981

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

Hello i have a toshiba satellite a300d-155 .I am running windows 7-64 bit.When i open the device manager i have two devices with a yellow exclamation mark .After searching i could not find drivers for them .

The first driver is in "other drivers"

@system32\drivers\pci.sys,#384;Mass Storage Controller [UNKNOWN DEVICE]
    Chip: O2 Micro  Integrated MS/xD/SM Controller
    Detail
        PnpID
            VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_FF501179&REV_01
        Vendor

Device
            @system32\drivers\pci.sys,#384;Mass Storage Controller
        Chip Vendor
            O2 Micro
        Chip
            Integrated MS/xD/SM Controller

The second is also in "other drivers"

Unknown device

ACPI/TOS6205

I used a program "unknown device identifier" but when i run it shows only the first driver .The unknown device is not there.

can you help me with this problem i am facing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:31 PM

Try searching for drivers for your specific device using this Toshiba page: http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=EU

#3 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

Interestingly, I watched a couple of minutes, and I found all these drivers.
But one other thing, these are not mandatory drivers, if You need, You can install. But if they are not needed for You, not also needed to install.

#4 niklas1981

niklas1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

I already tried at toshiba's pages to find the drivers but i can't ..or i do not have the knowledge of how to...

I do not know for what they are so i can not delete them untill i am 100% they are not needed

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

The first driver with the Vendor and Device ID is your Card Reader.

See this Toshiba thread. You want to download the 185954_18.18.11.TC70045900A.exe  driver listed on the page.

Your second driver is your bluetooth. Is a bluetooth driver listed for Windows 7 64bit on Toshiba's support site for your model? I could not find the support page for your particular model.

Create a restore point before installing the driver.

Edited by JohnC_21, 13 March 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#6 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

Hi,

To assist you better please post the Model Number of the machine, it should be in the format PSAXXX

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#7 niklas1981

niklas1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

PSAKCE-00F00TGE

Edited by niklas1981, 13 March 2016 - 06:29 PM.

#8 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,031 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:42 AM

PSAKCE-00F00TGE

Thanks. It seems the machine is old and the original OS was Windows XP, Toshiba have almost no drivers for Windows 7!

You have to collect the drivers searching the Net, please avoid using any Update drivers program because most of them include some kind of malware.

Start with the driver posted by JohnC_21 it's safe because is from Toshiba servers.

The ACPI/TOS6205 is related to software, probably you have the driver installed and now is missing the software to manage the device...

Edit: For the Bluetooth part visit https://extranet.toshiba-tro.de/en-us/supportquality/bluetoothinfopage/news/downloadtoshiba.aspx and download the PC Bluetooth Stack for Windows 7 x64

Edited by SleepyDude, 14 March 2016 - 04:53 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#9 niklas1981

niklas1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:34 PM

So ,thanks a lot guys especially JohnC_21 and SleepyDude.

I downloaded and installed both drivers you suggested and now everything looks smooth

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#10 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,031 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:30 AM

So ,thanks a lot guys especially JohnC_21 and SleepyDude.

I downloaded and installed both drivers you suggested and now everything looks smooth

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good :) Save them in a safe place in case you have to reinstall or better create a full image backup of the system.

___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users