Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAM Upgrade for Dell Inspiron 570

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZeldaYoshi

ZeldaYoshi

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

I've been looking online for upgrading the RAM on my computer and from what I have seen the computer can support up to 8 GB of RAM but I can never find anything that's compatible with it. So I don't what's compatible and was wondering if anyone knew what was compatible with the computer. I would appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

Crucial.com guarantees that their RAM is compatible. http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/inspiron-570

#3 ZeldaYoshi

ZeldaYoshi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

When I click on view more compatible memory upgrades, I'll see 1 -7 of 7 results and I can;t figure out how to show more results.

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

Memory Connectors Memory-module capacities Memory type Memory configurations possible four internally-accessible DDR3 DIMM sockets 1 GB and 2 GB 1066-MHz DDR3 DIMM; non-ECC memory only 1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB, 4 GB, 5 GB, 6 GB, 7 GB, and 8 GB NOTE: Memory configurations of more than 4 GB require a 64-bit operating system.

Source: https://www.manualowl.com/m/Dell/Inspiron-570/Manual/187265?page=1

Please share what operating system you are using, and if it's 32 bit or 64 bit. At times, "more Ram" does nothing for your system performance.

#5 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,077 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:35 PM

Indeed, I was going to bring up the sheet myself but I am usually dead weight on sunday due to work.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#6 ZeldaYoshi

ZeldaYoshi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

Memory Connectors Memory-module capacities Memory type Memory configurations possible four internally-accessible DDR3 DIMM sockets 1 GB and 2 GB 1066-MHz DDR3 DIMM; non-ECC memory only 1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB, 4 GB, 5 GB, 6 GB, 7 GB, and 8 GB NOTE: Memory configurations of more than 4 GB require a 64-bit operating system.

Source: https://www.manualowl.com/m/Dell/Inspiron-570/Manual/187265?page=1

Please share what operating system you are using, and if it's 32 bit or 64 bit. At times, "more Ram" does nothing for your system performance.

I am running Windows 10 64-bit on the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users