Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Internet freezing, etc,

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AnnaLee56

AnnaLee56

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:11 PM

Hi everyone...Anna here...here's my issue:  I have an HP desktop, with Windows 10 - suddenly whenever I open Internet Explorer or Google, it automatically freezes...not ALL the time, sometimes it lets me enter my issue (what I just wrote starting at Internet but including Windows 10)...it lets me write all the, it will bring up all the different searches for answers but when I try to click on anything, it's already frozen.  I've run all my virus scans(they show nothing), I've restored my computer back to Feb 1, 2016 before this started happening and it worked for about 3 hours then started the same thing.  My next issue:  Suddenly I can't right click on anything in the taskbar.  It's frozen as well as the start menu so I have to restart and to do that, I CAN right click on the start menu but get just a list of things I can do...so I restart from there....I've don't this too many times to mention I'm surprised my computer doesn't automatically know to restart if there's a 5 second break from my touching keys.   At this point I'm backing up the computer and am going to restore it to Windows 7.  I don't intend to do anything with backup cd's I guess it's just to make me feel better but if anyone has some suggestions that don't involve big words I don't know or going to the registry....I am excellent at following directions.  I'm somewhere  between a beginner intermediate and a medium intermediate (lol...I feel there must be an oxymoron in there somewhere)  Thank you so much for any help you can give.   Right now the other computer is backing up but I can try suggestions ...waiting to restore until after this gets resolved or not.  Anna

Edited by hamluis, 12 March 2016 - 05:23 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Win10 Support - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

If infected, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

If not infected, try the following in W10:

- System Restore

- DISM/SFC (see quote box below)

- RESET using the Keep My Files option

- RESET using the Remove Everything option (be sure to backup your stuff first).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:13 PM

Firstly try to clean and defrag if it is HDD, remove all junk files.
If nothing changes, recommend to do new clean instal.
Any way cannot recommend to go back to W7, Windows 10 works much better if it.
By reading your description, you do not have any virus. Even not the flu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users