Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help to eliminate many files from my computer Windows

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 danban

danban

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hello ,

I have windows 7 and 8.

My computer was infested by TelsaCrypt virus a week ago and all pics , videos and PDF files were encrypted to Mp3 files.

I went to the discussion forum on this website where TelsaCrypt is posted and one of the Administrators helped me removed the virus and malware and it's clean now but the files are still encrypted and they told me to wait until a solution is found.

What the admininstrater couldn't do was elimante the following files that are in every folder in my computer ,

and is too much to do delete manually.

These are the files -

1) _RECOVERY_+pillt.html

2) _RECOVERY_+pillt.png

3) _RECOVERY_+pillt.txt

4)_RECOVERY_+vplym.html

We tried Systemlook then Farbar to scan then delete the files and it didn't hardly delete anything.

We also checked all boxes and Full Control in the priorities Folder to the Asus folder to see if that work and it didn't.

Here is my post with the Administrator on what we actually did with log files etc. (There are 3 pages)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606944/telsacrypt-virus-will-be-solved-need-help-related-to-virus/

Please help anyone , I know there is got to be a simple way in elimanting all these files in one shot with a program.

The Administrator told me to go here for help.

Please get back.

Best

Dan

Edited by danban, 12 March 2016 - 12:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,478 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:23 PM

Open the Windows Explorer, go on your C: drive, and in the search box (top-right corner), search for this:
_RECOVERY_+*
It should give you all the files you're looking for. Simply select them all (Ctrl + A), and delete them.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 danban

danban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:34 PM

I did what you said and as it's searching it's going through all those files RECOVERY ,

but there is way too many of them , it's been running for 5 minutes already and still listing all those files in the folder

as the scroll bar is going down.

I went to my windows 8 and it showed them all quickly

7160 documents and 3850 pics made by virus.

How do I delete them all using windows 8 ?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,478 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:35 PM

You need to wait for the search to finish (bar fully loaded) in order to delete them. If there's tons of them, it's normal that it takes a while to search and find them all. This is what I always do and it works pretty well.

Not sure what you mean by that.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 danban

danban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

I went to my windows 8 and typed in the search box - _RECOVERY_+*

then it showed all the files which is on the right side of the pic , I uploaded the pic -

The files I circled in red but I also circled the weblink of directiions on how to delete in windows 8 ( I circled it in green)

I went to it and it gave this directions -

Windows 8 User: Click “Charms bar” > choose “Settings” > click “Control Panel” > click “Uninstall a program” > right-click on programs related with _RECOVERY_+pillt.png and click Uninstall

Should I do this ?

Attached Files

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:25 PM

Uninstalling programs will not delete those separate RECOVERY files; unless I misunderstood the problem.

Edited by RolandJS, 12 March 2016 - 02:25 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#7 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,535 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:28 PM

You need to wait for the search to finish (bar fully loaded) in order to delete them. If there's tons of them, it's normal that it takes a while to search and find them all. This is what I always do and it works pretty well.

Not sure what you mean by that.

Aura, According to the first post the OP is dual-booting both Windows 7 and Windows 8 on the same computer.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,478 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:45 PM

Why don't you click on See all 7160 documents, select them all, then delete them, and do the same for See all 3580 photos and videos?

UReVJl5.png

unite_blue.png

#9 danban

danban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:13 PM

I looked at the all those files when I clicked on them , using windows 8 ,

how do I select them all and delete them all in one shot ,

I don't know how to use the functions on windows 8 to well.

I tried right clicking but that doe'snt work

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,478 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

Once you have all the files infront of you, you can press on Ctrl + A to select them all, then press on the Delete button on your keyboard.

unite_blue.png

#11 danban

danban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

I don't think it's working , I tired that , once I typed Ctrl + A to select them all,  a right menu opens up with

some of those files in the box , I hit delete and they are gone , but then when I do it again the same files are back.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,478 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

It's because the cache hasn't been refresh. If you try to go look up these files manually (in their folders), they won't be there.

unite_blue.png

#13 danban

danban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

Let me try something ,

I have a folder where I put some of those files in with other files.

Tell me what to type in the windows 8 search box to list those paticualr files I need deleting just in that folder

This is the name of the folder -    ( Z - No Good Songs 2 )

and I'll do the process again and refresh cache (Tell me how to refresh cache)

then I'll look in the folder to see if they are gone.

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,478 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:12 PM

There's no need to do that. Navigate to any folder of your choice (C:\ProgramData, C:\Program Files (x86), C:\Users, C:\Users\$USERNAME, C:\Users\$USERNAME\AppData, etc.) and the notes should be gone, which confirms that you indeed deleted them.

unite_blue.png

#15 abhitarp

abhitarp

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:16 AM

Buddy use disk clean up inbuilt program for safai (cleaning) of OS.

I know it worked thanks anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users