Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sli Motherboard, But Not Going Sli...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheEmuRider

TheEmuRider

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

Hello,

I have recently gone from an ASUS A8n5x to an evga SLI n41 mobo.

My problem is this...

The way the board is laid out makes it so the three PCIE slots dont line up with the back panel expansion slots.. meaning I cannot attach the cards to the case whether I am using SLI or single card mode.

What should I do? Take some tinsnips to the case? What about being able to secure the card to the case?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:45 PM

Hi TheEmuRider.
"evga SLI n41" doesn't tell us much beyond the northbridge, it's not an eVGA part #. :thumbsup:
Anyway, it should be obvious.
It's the wrong form factor for the case or your standoffs are in the wrong holes.
The Asus board is an ATX form factor (12"x9.75")
Without an actual eVGA part#, i'm "guessing" the board may be a Micro ATX board (9.5"x9.5").
Most full size cases support multiple form factors but will require you re-install the standoffs in a different set of holes. These holes should already be pre-drilled. Case make and model would be nice too. :flowers:
Do Not cut the case in the back. You'll draw in all kinds of dirt and dust in the remaining gaps for starters as well as weaken the case structure itself.
If you need to mod the case to accomadate the motherboard, (not recommended) lay the motherboard in a position were everything lines up, mark the mounting hole locations with a pencil, then drill new holes for the standoffs.
Insert the standoffs in the newly drilled holes and secure the motherboard to them.
If you find that nothing will line up, it's either a different motherboard or a different case.

Edited by HitSquad, 02 August 2006 - 01:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users