Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc turned itself off now wont boot.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 enjoyyy

enjoyyy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:45 PM

Hey guys,

A little backstory with this pc. I built it 2 years ago and have had never ending problems of bsod, corrupted files, hard drives disappearing randomly, extremely poor fps drops during gaming etc. I have had to have warranty done on the gpu and motherboard and the ram has also failed and needed to be replaced most recently.

Now to my new problem, my pc was randomly shutting itself off. Not often, not underload of gaming or anything just at complete random times. Sometimes id have to wait 5 minutes before i could turn it back on. Last night however it turned itself off and is not turning back on. However when plugged in mobo lights are on and lights on the gpu are on but when i hit the on or reset button nothing happens and the fans dont spin up.

I have also replaced the psu with a brand new one and tried multiple power cables but nothing works.

This pc has literally given me nothing but trouble since i built it and i honestly have no idea how or why. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Edit***
Forgot to mention if i boot without the button using a screw driver it will light up and fans spin for about 1 second then immediately shut off.

Edited by enjoyyy, 11 March 2016 - 10:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:23 PM

does the system post at all? do the fans on the GPU spin at all? or case fans? (if any)

#3 enjoyyy

enjoyyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

No post, no fans on gpu spinning or case fans. The lights are on the gpu just show that it is correctly plugged in and receiving power thats why i mentioned it but no fans spin up or anything like that.

#4 enjoyyy

enjoyyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:33 AM

Update*
Ive gotten it to turn on, fans spin up but no post and then the system restarts itself and repeats. This happened a month ago and i had it repaired. They said they had to replace the ram. Surely the the ram couldnt fail again this soon something has to be causing it?

#5 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:24 PM

Please start hardware diagnostics:

http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

#6 enjoyyy

enjoyyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:56 PM

Not sure how to do that when i cant boot to the actual desktop?

#7 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

On a PC that works download Memtest86+ and burn it onto a blank CD and then test the system RAM in the computer you are having problems with.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

The first 3 diagnostics (antivirus, memory, hard drive) are bootable (as softwaremaniac stated).

I actually have a separate page with just them:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

You can also use this page to help rule out other hardware bits and pieces:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 enjoyyy

enjoyyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:35 PM

Perfect, thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users