Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Internet Security Trial Firewall

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 lilbonkers290

lilbonkers290

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:02 PM

Hi! 

I think the Kaspersky Firewall is making my wifi connection become limited; is there anyway to fix this issue?

Would it involve updating my drivers somehow?

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:57 AM

Have you tried resetting the firewall?

• From bottom of KIS, click 'Settings'
  • Select 'Protection center' on left pane.
  • Scroll down to these features and disable(slide the button to left) them:
    • Network attack blocker
    • web antivirus.
    • Firewall
  • If that is success, follow the below steps to check:
  • Select 'General' from left pane.
    • Click 'Default settings' at bottom right.
    • Select 'Minimum Security Level'
    • Be-aware, it will reset the KIS settings to lowest security level.
    • Check if that works
    • If yes, change the level in step 2 to 'Optimal Security Level' and check.
  • If that does'nt help, please post a MTB log:

MiniToolbox by Farbar

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
    Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Devices
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
    Click Go and post the result (MTB.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 12 March 2016 - 06:11 AM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 lilbonkers290

lilbonkers290
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:13 PM

Hi there!

I have updated my wi-fi adapter driver yesterday; the connection seems fine for now!

Would you still like me to do the Minitoolbox program?

Kaspersky does slow down a bit to both mozilla and chrome browsers

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:47 PM

Hi,

I have updated my wi-fi adapter driver yesterday; the connection seems fine for now!

Thank you for the update.

Glad to hear it is working fine.. :)

Would you still like me to do the Minitoolbox program?

No, that will not be necessary. :)

Kaspersky does slow down a bit to both Mozilla and chrome browsers

Internet Security Suites may insert their extensions and modules for protecting you better.

This may cause a few seconds of lag. But if the lag is consistent over all the time, try disabling the Kaspersky and other addons installed on your browser after clearing the browser cache and history.

This can help to attain a better speed.

Since you have 2 browsers (other than IE), I suggest you to use the free version of Ccleaner to do the job.

Download CCleaner(Click on GREEN button) from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner and install.  

1. Double-click the Red 'C' icon on desktop to open Ccleaner.
  2. Select 'Cleaner' from left most pane.
  3. Tweak the options in the middle tabs to remove the temporary files, history and cache. [Other options as you prefer]
  4. Now click the 'Analyze' button to scan for files.
  5. Click 'Run Cleaner' to delete the files.
  6. I recommend you NOT to use the 'Resistry' cleaner option.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 lilbonkers290

lilbonkers290
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hi there! The issue did come back again just for a bit, when I go the network adapter troubleshooter it did give a quick fix! 

#6 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:28 PM

Hi,

Please post the Minitoolbox log next time you face the issue.

Also please tell me how you had updated the wireless adapter driver. Was it by downloading the setup and installing or by un-installing the previous version?

#7 lilbonkers290

lilbonkers290
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:36 PM

I went to the realtek site and installed it from there! 

With the minitool box do I just the checkmark the ones in the 2nd post?

I do have Kaspersky paused right now; and everything goes back to normal

#8 lilbonkers290

lilbonkers290
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:53 PM

For list devices which option should I click ? Only problems, no driver or all?

#9 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:04 PM

Yes, please follow the instructions in post#2.

For list devices which option should I click ? Only problems, no driver or all?

Please leave it in default settings as it is in default.

#10 lilbonkers290

lilbonkers290
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:11 PM

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 07-02-2016 01
Ran by j (administrator) on 14-03-2016 at 21:08:10
Running from "C:\Users\j\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 8.1  (X64)
Model: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Boot Mode: Normal

Spoiler

Edited by lilbonkers290, 15 March 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#11 lilbonkers290

lilbonkers290
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:17 PM

Right now I have the firewall, network attack blocker, webcam access, web antivirus, and system changes controls components turned off as of now!

MediaTek** not realtek*

Edited by lilbonkers290, 14 March 2016 - 10:34 PM.

#12 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:54 PM

Hi lilbonkers290,

The log looks good, except that it shows connectivity error.

MediaTek** not realtek*

Thanks for clarification.

• Can you please tell me how you are connected to internet?
  • Are there any other devices connected via the same wifi router / access point to internet? Are they affected by the issue?
  • Have you tried connecting the computer to the modem/router using an Ethernet cable?
  • Also check if moving closer to the Accesspoint or router helps.
  • Does the issue happen on other wireless networks?

It looks like chipset Ralink RT3290 may be the culprit here.

Please do the following:

1. Press 'Start' key (Windows logo key) and 'R' kry simultaneously.
  2. Type
    devmgmt.msc

3. Press 'Enter'/'Return' key.
  4. Browse to 'Network Adapters' and expand it. (Click '+')
  5. Right click on Wireless adapter Ralink RT3290 and select 'Uninstall'.
  6. Reboot your computer when asked.
  7. If it does not resolve the problem, go to control panel and uninstall Ralink RT3290 driver and re-install it back after reboot.

Ref: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ralink-RT3290-adapter-issues/td-p/2271893/page/8

If you happen to run the Windows troubleshooter, please check the logs it generate inside the 'Details' section to view the actions done.

#13 lilbonkers290

lilbonkers290
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

Hi lilbonkers290,

The log looks good, except that it shows connectivity error.

MediaTek** not realtek*

Thanks for clarification.

• Can you please tell me how you are connected to internet?
  • Are there any other devices connected via the same wifi router / access point to internet? Are they affected by the issue?
  • Have you tried connecting the computer to the modem/router using an Ethernet cable?
  • Also check if moving closer to the Accesspoint or router helps.
  • Does the issue happen on other wireless networks?

It looks like chipset Ralink RT3290 may be the culprit here.

Please do the following:

1. Press 'Start' key (Windows logo key) and 'R' kry simultaneously.
  2. Type
    devmgmt.msc

3. Press 'Enter'/'Return' key.
  4. Browse to 'Network Adapters' and expand it. (Click '+')
  5. Right click on Wireless adapter Ralink RT3290 and select 'Uninstall'.
  6. Reboot your computer when asked.
  7. If it does not resolve the problem, go to control panel and uninstall Ralink RT3290 driver and re-install it back after reboot.

Ref: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ralink-RT3290-adapter-issues/td-p/2271893/page/8

If you happen to run the Windows troubleshooter, please check the logs it generate inside the 'Details' section to view the actions done.

I am connected using wifi for my laptop!

Both my phone and ipod have no issues at all with connecting

With using a cable, my laptop does not have the plugin outlet for that.

I did already update the  Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter 3-4 days ago, I think its the Kaspersky firewall thats blocking my connection somehow, as of right now no issues have occurred yet

#14 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

Hi lilbonkers290,

Greetings :)

I did already update the  Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter 3-4 days ago,

I am aware of that, but uninstallation and reinstallation is different from updating. :)

I think its the Kaspersky firewall thats blocking my connection somehow, as of right now no issues have occurred yet

Even after KIS settings were turned off (as per post#2 ) the issue exists and you suspect Kaspersky's role, we will have to attempt un-installation of Kaspersky product. Would you like to do so?

#15 JosephPorter

JosephPorter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:54 AM

I have tried this problem that's why i changed to Norton, after this trail from Norton will be over i will also try the back the Karspersky and try this solutions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users