· OS - Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
· Original OS - Windows 8
· Full retail version
· Age of system (hardware) - 3 1/2 years
· Age of OS installation - 13 months
Have you re-installed the OS? No
· CPU - Intel® Core i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00 GHz 2.50GHz
· Video Card - Intel® HD Graphics 4000
· System Manufacturer - Samsung
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - NP510R5E-A02UB
· Laptop or Desktop? Laptop
Additional Info: I have 2 accounts on this laptop, an Admin account and a standard user account. I sign in with the Standard Account via Microsoft login and use the Admin password when I need to access admin functions. I rarely sign in with Admin account except in situations like this.
I have recently been experiencing extreme slowness and hanging, for example:
- mouse will track but neither right or left click will register or takes so long to register I receive and error message.
- screen is extremely slow to change upon powerup/bootup
- screen will go black with no error messages
I have recently deleted multiple applications. I have run Malwarebytes and ADWCleaner and they identified and cleaned 3 PUPs only. I'll provide report files if needed.
As next step, I cam to bleepingcomputer and followed BSOD reporting protocol, signed in using my Admin account. The SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip is attached, but when I went to run perform /report from the elevated Command Prompt, I received this error message:
An error occured while attempting to generate the report.
The operator or administrator has refused the request.
I apologize if I'm am simply missing something very basic here, but I'm not sure what to do next.