Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC to TV HDMI Not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AlexKozlowski

AlexKozlowski

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

Hello, I have just got a HDMI cable so that I could watch movies on my TV by having them playing on my PC. I have connected my PC and my TV however the TV says "no signal". I am running a Dell Inspirion 620 and I have a hitachi TV.

Thank you

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 March 2016 - 12:01 PM.
moved from Windows 10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:58 AM

Did you select the correct HDMI input on your TV by going to the TV settings menu?

Example: HDMI cable is connected to HDMI 2 on your TV. You have to tell the tv to use the signal from HDMI 2.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:04 PM

You will also need to configure your computer to use HDMI.

This might help you with that http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/tech-tips-and-tricks/dave-taylor-hdmi-article.html

#4 AlexKozlowski

AlexKozlowski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:17 PM

i was turned on the right HDMI port, he over the link you gave me to configure my PC to HDMI does not seem to work for me. On the link it says "To remedy this, click on the second monitor, then choose Extend the desktop onto this monitor and click Apply." however on my control panel there is no option of a second monitor so I am not able to configure.

When I reset my PC later on the screen turned on the TV however it did not move from the start up screen, it stayed on the Dell logo for a few minutes till I turned it off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users