Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connected wifi n repeater....no internet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jemry

jemry

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:41 AM

Hi guys,

Im seriously struggling with the wifi repeater. For some reason it just not connect. 
Ok, so I worked according to instruction manual, and few tips I could find on internet. The adpater seems to connect and set up all nicely, it says its connected with strong signal and does not detects any issues, however when I try to actually access the internet, it does not work....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:24 AM

make and model of router and repeater?

you have a strong wifi signal from the router where the repeater is located?

do you see the repeater listed in the routers device list?

#3 jemry

jemry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:22 AM

Its 300Mbps N 802.11 AP Wireless Wifi Router Repeater

Yes, the repeater has a strong signal, 5/5 bars where router alone gives only 3-4/5 bars 
The repeater appears on the devices and network list, it connects and set up through set up wizzard with no problems, it shows connected with the strongest signal...but there is not internet 

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:54 AM

A repeater can't repeat a poor signal.  Is the repeater in a location where it gets at least 4 bars from the router?  If not you need to locate the repeater closer to the router.

"it shows connected"

What shows its connected?  Do you see it listed in the device list of the router???

#5 jemry

jemry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

repeater is the location where the signal is the weakest. 

When I connect to repeater in the wireless network, ''it connects'' and set up with no problems 

#6 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:00 PM

"repeater is the location where the signal is the weakest. "

This mistake is most likely your issue.  Move the AP to 6 ft from the wifi router, set it up and see if you have internet access via the AP.

Once you have it working incrementally move it away from the router in the direction of the area you want to extend the signal to.

Ideal place is usually midway between the final coverage location and the router.

#7 jemry

jemry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:14 AM

It does not make any sense, because if I move the repeater close to the router then it gives me the same signal strength as the router alone. 
4 bars out of 5
and the whole point is that than I only need one computer  to be connected through Ap and the rest needs to stay wireless. Thats why I bought repeater so I can connected it when the computer is, instead of stretching a RJ45 cable throughout the whole house
However, I moved the repeater closer to router and it still the same problem, which is, a connected successfully but no internet. 

Your DNS server might be unavailable 

#8 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

It does not make any sense, because if I move the repeater close to the router then it gives me the same signal strength as the router alone. 
4 bars out of 5
and the whole point is that than I only need one computer  to be connected through Ap and the rest needs to stay wireless. Thats why I bought repeater so I can connected it when the computer is, instead of stretching a RJ45 cable throughout the whole house
However, I moved the repeater closer to router and it still the same problem, which is, a connected successfully but no internet. 

Your DNS server might be unavailable 

Is your router one of these Complies with IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b? And you want one computer connected to be connected to your router, and the repeater setup for the wireless aspect of the router correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8USulu9LBI#t=413

Does this video help at all? If your router has one of those frequencies it should be working from the sounds of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users